New OC wanted

Dana and his offense s Travis Bush part deux.

1 Like

As a philosophy, I am good with taking some shots but the deep throws in this game did not seem to be close (admittedly I missed most of the 1st Qtr) for either team and did seem to be a waste of a down except to show you were willing to burn a down to throw deep.

Even with the pressure almost the entire game, did UH call one screen play? Or a reverse to Dell (assume he was the fastest WR available)?

The offense continues to look very vanilla, Big Ten like and that is foreign to UH eyes.

How many deep passes have you seen our QB hit? We don’t have the personnel to catch this QB’s deep passes.

We are pouring in a lot of money for this bs. It will be another year of lack of discipline, below average results, boring ace offense, etc. We can’t even finish .500 with Holgerson. Lol. Applewhite and Levine are looking like hall of famers now.

2 years. Fixed it.

Out of all the resent coaches we had, ART was the best at running his offense without really needing an OC. The OC would follow his system and the QBs would follow suite. Dana, we all believed would be the OC Dana, however it seem like he really does not have a true system, or Tune should be excelling in this playcalling. Maybe Dana needs an OC, but clearly the QB is having trouble, at times, picking up nreads, including his own son. He will have to win 10 to 11 games next year or he may be on that Chopping Block. Tillman may do what he did to Mike D, let contract run out and make him quit without pulling the trigger when time for new contract. He has done it before with Rockets. Dana will have no excuses next year. I really want Dana to succeed, but winning must happen now.

2 Likes

As John Maddon used to say, it’s the big uglies. While the QB play hasn’t developed as I, or any of us, would have hoped, the O-Line has been bad, really bad. Tune was running for his life or his pocket was collapsing on a number of plays, The run blocking wasn’t there either. This was a recipe for disaster tonight. QB decision making is somewhat suspect when he has time. When he doesn’t have time, it gets worse. I’m a Rams fan and I see of lot of Jared Goff in our QB’s. That’s not a compliment.

Next year, we better have a better O-Line or it’s going to be more of the same regardless of who the QB is…

2 Likes

Who is OL coach, and why is it so hard for that guy to Coach the OL. QB need protection and time to throw, but I do believe Dana’s offensive schemes are falling short. OL is probably pat of the problem but also playcalling is the other.

1 Like

Sumlin is available…

1 Like

Art?

1 Like

If Dana isn’t the OC, he should be. Get back to what worked when he was here 10 years ago. Sling that ball around. Go up and down the field. That’s UH football!

3 Likes

People are bitching about the OC but it doesn’t appear we know who the OC is. Dana made a change at OC in the offseason but stayed within the family. As of this year, Tune has had 3 QB coaches over the last three years.

We could be looking at an OC change in the offseason if we can find the right OC. But we’ll never see the Air Raid that Dana ran at UH more than a decade ago. After coaching in the Big 12 he is a firm believer that you need to have a running game to win conference championships or at least be competitive year over year along with having a good defense. He is right on both fronts. We are still missing the pieces to win like that consistently.

LOL! Were you aware that Shannon Dawson tested positive for C19 yesterday and didn’t even make the trip to Frisco?! Does anybody on here even like the Cougars?

1 Like

Yeah cause the bowl gave was the first time we’ve seen mediocre offensive play calling this season.

3 Likes

Exactly. This isn’t just about todays bowl game. This scheme isn’t working. It hasn’t been successful since he was hired. Dana isn’t getting the best out of the players. We have plenty of skilled players on the field but you rarely see them in open space taking advantage of their speed. The play calling? It’s been bad, and today was no exception. With over 5 minutes to go Dana had the quarterback lining up under center and running the ball. No up-tempo. No two-minute offense. We were only down by 2 scores. And with just over two minutes to go one would think the team would play with a little urgency. Nope. He flat out quit.

2 Likes

THE RETURN OF LeBUSH!!!

Its like a nightmare version of piles. Just when you get rid of them…BOOM!

1 Like

Well Dana has been consistent when it comes to loyalty.

He won’t fire the OC ( not innovative enough )

Won’t bench his struggling starting QB ( missing open receivers over the top )

O line coach ( no improvement )

And…

Recruiting has been sub par ( most of his juco players haven’t played up to their potential or seen the field much )

Failing grades ( it doesn’t matter if it’s 6 or 20 players failing, it’s bad that it got leaked out )

Result: A 7 - 13 record at UH with no significant victory in 2 years.

Yet… It’s not coach Holgerson’s fault. I’m all for the Kool-Aid.

6 Likes

Art Briles for OC, let the bashing begin, but we need an infusion of excitement around the program and WINS, Briles would get it done, I don’t like the man for what he did to us but…

1 Like

And play whom? A true freshman? His kid? C’mon man!

1 Like

His son is not good enough sorry

3 Likes