New theory on how covid acts on the body with possible medications that may help

Mystik that is absolutely wrong. Even people who have Covid are benefiting from getting sunshine. That is what the hospital in Barcelona is saying. The University of Chicago study that came out last week on Vitamin D should have everyone’s attention. The study that is the subject of first post, is saying Vitamin D is critical.

Clearly the obesity issue is out there.

The point has to be driven home is that this isn’t going away and who knows when a vaccine will be here or if it will be effective but there are things people can do for themselves that drastically reduces their risk. People shouldn’t take the stance that oh well I am overweight, its too late now. No every pound lost improves your chances. People who are prone to being vitamin d deficient should be taking supplements. Europe is all over both of these issues and here in the states we are shrugging our shoulders. It is baffling.

1 Like

Yes I agree if that is the point.

It’s never too late to start caring for your health. My father in law spent most of his adult life overweight. He was diagnosed with diabetes in his 50’s…he is in his 60’s now but he basically is beating diabetes with diet and excercise and his doctor took him off his meds.

A lot of people point to lockdowns as a health risk because people aren’t excercising, but there are plenty of opportunities to get some sunlight and excercise in right now. It’s hot as hell outside, but I get my morning runs in mon-fri and started dragging my 12 year old along even though he holds me back lol.

People who are health conscious know that there is always a way to make it work if it is a priority. I haven’t been able to find a set of adjustable dumbells since March, so clearly those who want to excercise are doing it. But the average american cares more about living without restrictions and sacrifice than caring for their health and I’m not confident that covid will change that.

2 Likes

The vitamin D thing is easiest to solve. One 50k IU
tablet a week. And the stuff is very cheap. If it helps
the body’s immune system with covid is a very open question. It seems to be a pretty commonly prescribed supplement . A few folks on this board have already been taking it for years. I would think the doctors for the nursing homes would be subscribing it to all their customers/patients at this point. D51 may be right, elderly need more and are
not getting it. Not enough data out there, but of course always support more studies.