News flash

Their O line is super inexperienced, our d line will have their way with them. Tate won’t have much time to make decisions.

It’s a mixed bag for the strategy to defend. Rice’s tight ends and running backs had a field day catching the ball against our linebackers and safeties. Arizona’s line is going to have a little more talent than Rice. We either get pressure and force him to scramble or we contain and hope our pass defense holds up better.

Soooo, we do what we did with That Louisville QB Jackson. Was it Brandon Wilson who was assigned Lamar Jackson?

Doesn’t seem like Mazzone has ever been popular no matter where he’s been.

I just hope we play smart and shut them down. Arizona has a lot of talent. Not sure if they shut down our offense.

1 Like

I don’t think we have 4 future NFL linebackers and defensive backs on our current squad to have the same strategy. Do you?

3 Likes

Our current D roster should be more talented than 2016.
Where they reach the NFL depends on the work they put in now.

I hope Arizona does not have the same stout oline like Rice did. I mean if the Rice qb is as good as Tate we might see him be able to sling it around. Of course playing 20 yards off the ball is a good defensive back strategy against all qbs.

I think they have the talent, but they are still young and may not have the playbook to show it. Blitzing (being in the backfield) is what puts players on the map.

We had 5 from that team that were in training camps this year: Wilson, Williams, Bowser, Adams, Hines (didn’t start that game). Also had Malveaux on the line as well. Throw in Ed Oliver and Garrett Davis and we probably had 8 future NFLers on defense that day.

1 Like

I didn’t want it to be debatable or “hyperbole” as I get accused of so I just went with the fact that 4 of our linebackers and defensive backs from that squad are currently on NFL rosters. When you have that kind of talent to cover the receivers, tight ends and running backs coming out of the backfield, you tend to have a little more time to get to the QB and look more successful doing it.

Makes me wonder if PFF stat company has a stat for average sack time. For example, Ed slips a block and gets to the QB 3 seconds after the snap versus, good containment and good coverage turns into a sack 8 seconds after the snap. (a team sack)

2 Likes