Next Head Coach

MLB is littered with JUCO kids but I think it was more prevalent in previous years but it’s still a thing… MLB Players Who Played JUCO Baseball: Now & Through History

Jackie Robinson was a JUCO

The only thing that’s different right now is that the weird COVID years made JUCO rosters even more stacked, in some cases.

As some of y’all have said, JUCOs are a crapshoot, and players have to be smart about choosing one, or they’ll end up in worse shape (as a prospect) than if they picked a 4-year. Probably most of the guys who get drafted out of JUCO had eyes on them before they went there in the first place.

I was told by a scout long ago that Rayner did not have good relationships with the top select baseball clubs. He said Rayner just brushed them off. Just what I was told. Which could of affected recruiting. Rayners playing days were before my time so did not know him. Played softball with a guy who played with Noble said he was a good guy.

I might be a little off but iirc D1/D2 JUCO are allowed 24 scholarships

Yes Sir, the '20 and '21 seasons did not count against eligibility at JUCO level why there are some players in their 4th, 5th or even 6th year at JUCO level…crazy

I stand by everything I said.

And you you probably shouldn’t assume chief.

I played all four years in the Big West Conference and have actually been a showcase coach for the better part of 20 years….Can’t even tell you how many college coaches I have met and have great relationships with…. I have helped developed kids throughout their HS years and gotten them lined up in the best situations for them and their families all over the country including my son who played four years in the Big 12.

So, cool….you played ball in the 80’s….I’m gonna go out on a limb and say you “haven’t forgotten more than I’ll ever know”……well maybe if you have memory issues it might be possible.

So maybe don’t roll in and start saying stupid unfounded crap….or keep doing it whatever.

Could go get Woody Williams back from UT. He was with San Jac for 6 years and should know the houston area/juco pipelines pretty well

If Whitting & Pezman were smart, they would have hired Woody instead of Bunn. Unfortunately, we don’t seem to have been making a lot of good decisions the past few years.

4 Likes

Sometimes you have to remember that you may be dealing with someone who caught a fastball to the helmet.

1 Like

Or a lefty pitcher. :laughing:

1 Like

1000%

Next man up just got alot more roster flexibility.

https://twitter.com/KendallRogers/status/1634208051832975362

From various comments:
Vandy baseball has been free w $ on the side ?

https://twitter.com/TriangleGator/status/1634216248484429824

Get kids at schools that cover full cost of attendance based on need?

Expanding a roster should help metro area big conference schools like UH due to walk-one?

Next head coach can’t get here soon enough

3 Likes

Softball was run ruled today by freaking Tarleton. Time for a package deal firing for both programs. Embarrassing.

7 Likes

Especially since we are such a baseball crazy city.

I know it’s the pros but we have competitive baseball and softball leagues all over greater Houston!

3 Likes

Did the last softball coach get hired away? I thought we were very competitive a few years ago.

1 Like

Same coach. They lose a majority of the games against better competition and beat the crap teams. Problem is they are losing to the crap teams this year. Not seeing anything to be optimistic about.

2 Likes

https://txhighschoolbaseball.com/6a/

Cool little website i stumbled upon, was trying to see where Houston area high schools stack up in recent years.

Softball has a decently difficult schedule this year and heard some names for next year. They’re doing what they can to boost the RPI.