Next years recruiting class

@pray10 put the list up already.

We had two kids committed from Ridge Point…I know one decided to go to Miami but what about the other one?

We need a shortstop who can come in and play and a whole lot of pitching

Thank you for the list. Do you know much about this Banditos club?

Pendergrass (the Ridge Point kid) is Class of 2020.

1 Like

I will say that the two kids we’re getting from Southern Nevada (hopefully as they may end up going pro) look really good. That team is ranked #5 in the NJCAA as well.

Steven Rivas, OF, has some pop as he has 8 doubles, 3 triples and 9 homers to go along with 55 RBI’s. Slashing .298/.403/.516

Nick Rupp, LHP, is 9-2 in 15 starts, 5 CG, 3 shutouts, 2.11 ERA and a .195 BAA. 81 K’s in 85.1 IP.

1 Like

OF Luke Hammond from the Woodlands looks pretty good. The Woodlands are still in the playoffs and play McKinney Boyd this week. Hammond had a couple of homers in the bi-district regional game a couple of weeks ago.

2 Likes

2 kids from San Jac look pretty good as well:

IF Andrew Papantonis seems to have gotten hurt early on as he hasn’t played since February, but in 53 at bats he had 18 hits, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 2 homers, and drove in 14 while slashing .340/.417/.528. He played his freshman year at Virginia where he hit .250/.455/.500 in 16 at bats with a homer, a double, and 4 RBIs. Only issue seems to be injuries keep following him as he got hurt in high school and now JUCO, but he’s got some good pop.

IF Ryan Hernandez hit .295/.390/.409 in 176 at bats with 8 doubles and 4 homers for San Jac as well.

1 Like

Id also expect Luke Almendarez from Round Rock HS to be in the running at SS. Kid is a defensive wiz with a ton of speed. He’s a UH legacy kid as well as his father, Chris, played at UH and currently is the president of the Round Rock Express.

1 Like

Outside of Rupp, I haven’t looked too deeply into the pitchers, but I’ll probably do more in the offseason. I think we have a very solid group of pitchers coming in though.

Lukes a good one, HP3 kid

1 Like

fast kid, watched some of the RR vs CyRanch games. Cy Ranch has probably most dominant HS pitching staff i recall seeing…iirc both Goss and Thompson are projected Top 25 MLB picks…unreal

1 Like

I wonder if they recruit those kids out there…

1 Like

I really like the next two classes coming in and beyond. I think we’re recruiting well. We’ll see if it pans out. Rooney is considered a solid recruiter.

I do wonder if last year’s incoming class is affecting us. We did get Lovelace and Aguilar (two extremely important adds), but no one else really has a role on this team right now. Our depth is extremely limited due to that.

That was the transition class after Andersen left and Rooney came in.

Edit: Forgot about Randel; he’s been a solid hand for the past couple of years.

1 Like

I have noticed recruiting to be better now like for a year since Rooney joined the staff. Something about the '19 class just seems to have that “it” factor.

2 Likes

They are a national powerhouse at the select/showcase level.Based in Tomball, but have expanded to other metro Texas areas in the last several years. Lot’s of guys go to college, several made it to the bigs. My son played for them a couple of years before we moved to central Texas. Coaches are good, but then it’s easy to coach the kind of talent they get. I will say, that if you play for them you are pretty much a stud. They don’t take kids who’s parents buy their way on to the team.

1 Like

I don’t think Cade Graves is coming here. He signed with Alvin JC in the spring.

JUCO pitchers Rupp and Gasser both put up great stats. Am waiting to see what happens with the draft.

The other JC pitcher we signed, Reed Osburn of Howard CC, did not pitch well. Not expecting much from him at this point.

Brett Cain, also from Howard CC, only played in 10 games. Could not find any info on if he was injured or if it was something else.

I went to watch Ridge Point vs. Atascocita last Thursday. Pendergrass plays C for RP and bats cleanup. That night he was HBP three consecutive times. Bradbury, the guy who originally committed to us then switched to Miami is, as you would expect, a stud. Showed great bat speed and can really run.

Tre Richardson the Kingwood SS and C/O 20 commit led his very good district in hitting with a .604 avg, more than 100 points better than the second best hitter. He had three hits last night vs. Lamar.

Ridge Point and Kingwood face off next week. If any of you want to see two future Coogs, check it out.

I know of one more uncommitted JUCO outfielder the staff is after. I am hopeful he commits but we’ll see. He would be a good addition.

2 Likes

Hoping Tre makes it in…we’ll know more in November when early NLI’s are in

1 Like

Tre’s been pretty solidly committed so far. Would have to take a lot for him to drop us.

I kind of like Preston Steszewski from Ridge Point. Like Pendergrass, he’s another football/baseball kid who I’m assuming is going to play baseball in college? He’s also Class of 2020.

1 Like