NHL Playoffs

Anyone following this?

My beloved Washington Capitals appear to be up to their usual first round choking tricks. Let’s hope that they make a comeback!

Start the Cheer:

C-A-P-S

CAPS!!! CAPS!!! CAPS!!!

C-A-P-S

CAPS!!! CAPS!!! CAPS!!!

Not much since my Stars didn’t make it. That and the fact that I dont have the channels that most of the games are on. No NBC Sports is the downside of cutting the cord and getting Roku with Sling, wish the NHL would go back to ESPN, at least for part of the next tv package.

I’m proud that my Caps got through the 1st round (that is never a given with them).

That said, they are 1-9 all-time against the Penguins in the playoffs, and they just choked Game 1. Let’s hope that they get it together.

GO CAPS!!!

I’m a Blackhawks fan, but since I was in Nashville for business, I attended a Preds palyoff game. Those fans LOVE fheir hockey.

Ive been at Bridgestone Arena a few times (all Blackhawks games except this last playoff game) and it’s always rocking.

Wish the Houston folks would get the NHL, I think the city would get behind it. I’ve loved the NHL since moving to the midwest back in the 90’s.

Ugh!!! Caps lost. Series now tied 2-2. COME ON CAPS!!!

Good.

My beloved Capitals have ADVANCED, knocking off the defending champion (and their perpetual menace), the Pittsburgh Penguins.

They could go …ALL…THE…WAY!!!

It was 11 years ago I was there for a game, but those were the worst hockey fans I have ever seen. Complete a-holes and knew nothing about hockey. They booed Mike Modano when he broke the American born goal record.

THE CAPS ARE ON FIRE!!!

They eliminated the Penguins…and just took Game 1 of the Eastern Conference championship series from Tampa Bay.

Start the chant:

C-A-P-S

CAPS!!! CAPS!!! CAPS!!!

C-A-P-S

CAPS!!! CAPS!!! CAPS!!!

Caps win again in Tampa!!! Up 2-0 with the next one at home!!! GO CAPS!!!

NHL playoffs > NBA playoffs

The NHL playoffs ARE indeed superior to the NBA playoffs.

Consider this.

In the NHL, an eighth seed has literally WON a Stanley Cup in the past. By contrast, only ONE sixth-seed has ever won the NBA title (the Rockets in 1995), and NO seventh or eighth seed ever has.

In the NBA, there are generally never more than maybe four or five teams each season that have a realistic shot at the title.

But in the NHL…EVERY team in the playoffs has a shot! In fact, far more often than not, the team with the best record in the regular season DOESN’T win it all!!!

Hell, the Las Vegas Golden Knights are an expansion team in their first season, and then are only ONE WIN AWAY from reaching the Stanley Cup.

That said, my Caps have screwed up at home.

Let’s hope that they go from 2-2 in the series to 4-2. GO CAPS!!!

CAPS WIN!!!

On to Game 7!!!

COME ON CAPS!!!

CAPS WIN!!! CAPS WIN!!!

ON TO THE STANLEY CUP FINAL!!!

1 Like

Congrats Ryon! Hopefully Washington will take the Stanley Cup. I’m happy for the Vegas community (I lived there for ten years) getting to celebrate something other than LA sports…but in my mind (and it’s probably an old school mentality), Vegas deserved to go through five years of expansion growing pains. If I were one of the other struggling teams in the NHL, I’d be pretty pissed that they rules were slated to allow Vegas to build such a good roster. Give them a draft of everyone’s mid-tier players and a handful of high draft picks and let them build a winning team from that.

Go Caps!

And even though I’m a huge Rockets fan…NHL playoffs is still > NBA playoffs.

Las Vegas has had a magical run.

But I’m pulling for the Caps!!!

The Caps are now up 2-1 with Game Four at home tonight.

Let’s hope that they put the GKs in a 3-1 hole!

CAPS WIN!!!

JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!