Nike EYBL Peach Jam

Easy win for JL3. You can see the box score here: Exposure Basketball Events

Hard to really take much away from the game. JL3 wasn’t playing much defense, but they didn’t really have to. Got a ton of easy looks. Bryce Griggs started cooking on iso possessions in the 4th quarter and made some really difficult baskets.

2 Likes

Biggest takeway is Arceneaux is an elite wing shot blocker and the potential to be a great overall defender in college.

1 Like

And why he will be a great fit at Houston.

He certainly has that potential, but I didn’t think he wasn’t showing it this game (not that he really had to). Arceneaux was playing lazy on defense this game, constantly being high in his stance so he got blown by a number of times. Also picked up some dumb fouls. I hadn’t gotten a chance to watch their other games–was his effort better on defense in those?

1 Like

He definitely had better effort in the previous games. Not sure how much fatigue is factoring now since they have been playing games daily.

Btw, it sounds like Arceneaux’s decision isn’t too far based of Eric Bossi’s peach jam live blog. He mentioned he will be a top 50 player in the class and is the best prospect on JL3.

2 Likes

The team looked tired towards the end. 4th game in 4 days.

Griggs has peaked imo. He’s still a top 100 prospect but no longer an elite recruit. Classmates have catch up.

2 Likes

Griggs doesn’t impact the games outside of scoring and he isn’t an elite athlete so he has definitely peaked. He really needs to play for a coach like KS to get the best out of him. He has no business trying to go pro right now.

Griggs looked good today. He has a deep repertoire of moves to create his own shot, a tight handle, and mostly was successful against attempts to trap and press him in the backcourt. Was forcing up difficult shots today rather than taking what the defense gave him (but was making the difficult shots anyway). Also had some dumb turnovers.

So there’s an opportunity for both Arceneaux and Griggs to play with each other at UH.

Don’t know how close they are but again there’s an opportunity to stay home and make some noise together on a program who’s one of the hottest in the country and coaches who will help them take their games to another level.

Griggs is an elite offensive player. He can make money just from giving out buckets.

And you don’t need to be an elite athlete to make an impact. Just ask CP3. Or Steph Curry. But those guys are Uber competitive. Griggs plays more nonchalantly. The biggest critique of his game for me.

That’s the ironic part he needs Sampson bad, but who know what people in his camp are telling him. Hope he works more on the little things I really want to see him succeed

2 Likes

It’s all up to Griggs on how far he wants to go. NBA all-star or playing overseas.

Steph has elite hand-eye coordination and the greatest shooter ever.

Griggs is starting to have trouble scoring efficiently on fast athletic defenders. He needs to round out his game.

1 Like

668 Likes, 1 Comments - Stargazing (Media) (@stargazing_media) on Instagram: "Fade away too nice 🎯@nolimit.teejay #GASO"

Grown man move

2 Likes

That’s the question, what is his camp telling him. I think it would be a win-win if he played for UH. CKS would push him and he has the talent/showmanship to draw a crowd.

1 Like

Before the NIL I was thinking PRO no doubt. Now I still think he won’t go to college, he just hasn’t had NO college recruiting info out there about interest or visits.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheCircuit/status/1416192682569965569

1 Like

https://twitter.com/74beautifulsoul/status/1416200596219207680?s=21

His efficiency is ridiculous. Those 10 assts. is quite impressive.

1 Like