NIL deal for Hoops

Yes, agree 100%. UH has a small window, next year, with all the excitement entering the B12, that businesses can jump on board football, despite having a so-so record this year. That opportunity will dry up if UH is not competitive in B12 football.

Our football program sux. Those fans are in for a rude awakening unless theyā€™re fine being mediocre to bad.

ā€œThose fansā€. If you arenā€™t a Coog fan why bother even posting here?
We are in this together regardless whether you dislike a particular person or program

5 Likes

No no noā€¦ Iā€™m a basketball fan donā€™t get it twisted gramps!!!

Always have been always will.

Go Mfing Coogs!!!

Im 99% sure its 100K spread across the team, if it was per player then it would be an 7 figure deal, which would have been the headline.

5 Likes

I think I see VY in the back?

https://twitter.com/lancezierlein/status/1603404457404149762?s=46&t=j6FMsJ4YmIA3s3bOrdTWfg

4 Likes

Why do you have to be a smartā€¦ to many of us.
I respect Butchā€™s posts on here like no other.
Just no need for that Sir. Sorry, I jumped in but thatā€™s ridiculous.

2 Likes

Yepā€¦ Heā€™s at odds and estranged from UT to say the least.

Vince Young and Selvin Young. Welcome aboard Longhorns!

1 Like

Wonder what his involvement is with UH sports?

Iā€™m not sure this is true. Boosters in the past who paid under the table never walked away because itā€™s about being close to the program. The ROI maybe a small factor but I donā€™t think these opportunities are going to dry up.

1 Like

Iā€™m curious too. Lance Z hasnā€™t struck me as big UH guy but hey weā€™ll take all the Houston connect love we can get!

This is how i pictured a dinner meeting with Landon & teamā€¦

2 Likes

Lanceā€™s dad, Larry, coached the OL at UH under Yeoman.

3 Likes

Lance talks about being a big phi slama jama fan when growing up.

1 Like

LZ is definitely pulls for UH. He talks them up a bunch on his show.

Thatā€™s cool. Havenā€™t lived in Htown for a while so glad the local media is giving us more air time