No seat upgrade due to demand

Coming off another deep run in the NCAA Tournament, your Houston Cougars Men’s Basketball program is preparing for an exciting 2022-23!

With the excitement surrounding the upcoming season and demand for season tickets at an all-time high, Houston Athletics will not hold the Seat Selection & Upgrade Process due to the overwhelming fan response and no season-ticket inventory remaining.

Now, more than ever, your support is needed INSIDE the Fertitta Center to support your Cougars. When packed, no venue in college basketball is more exciting than the Fertitta Center, and our student-athletes feed off the energy our fans bring every game.

Under the leadership of Head Coach Kelvin Sampson – the 2022 CBS Sports National Coach of the Year – the Cougars return three starters and seven lettermen, who led the Cougars to the NCAA Elite Eight and a sweep of the American Athletic Conference regular-season and tournament championships a year ago.

Those veterans, combined with an award-winning group of newcomers, will make Houston one of the nation’s top teams when the preseason national polls are released.

For more information on Men’s Basketball and other Houston Athletics events, please contact the Houston Athletics Ticket Office at 713-GO-COOGS (462-6647) or Cougar Pride at 713-743-GoUH (743-4684).

We look forward to seeing you inside the Fertitta Center soon for another exciting season of Houston Basketball

Come early. Be loud. Wear RED .

1 Like

Tried to pick up 2 in front of me or next to me. They said they were renewed. I told them nobody sat in them all last season

2 Likes

Corporations.

I’m sure if someone called up there and make a sizable donation they will be happy to get them an upgrade

1 Like

First year in the big 12 will be insane

7 Likes

We called the first day after renewals were expired and were able to move four rows closer and had the option to spend a good bit more $ and move closer to the center. We chose to just move up closer. I’m sure everything else was grabbed up shortly thereafter. Coogs are the best ticket in town.

8 Likes

Why wasn’t Ferrtitta built a couple more thousand bigger? Ashame they didn’t. Big mistake.

1 Like

Or we can just be happy with the fact we have a demand and a real home court advantage for the first era in 35 years

13 Likes

Last year, the two in front of us had a few different sit in them. One guy, who sat there several times, said they were given to him. Often, when he was not in those seats, he would wave to us from an aisle or two over, move along center court area. They were vacant some, too . . . . .

No kidding. This is incredible. Go back 10 years and tell yourself we’d be in this position. Favored to win a national title, can’t provide upgrades to ticket holders because of massive demand. Top rated players coming in. If we’re complaining about anything, than its just for the fun of doing so, because this has been the greatest 4-5 year stretch of any Cougar sport in my lifetime (born 1984).

8 Likes

Once we made our first sweet 16, I told my brother, we are going to win anational championship in 5 yrs

4 Likes

Of course the athletic department has seats in reserve for exactly that purpose.

©Copyright 2017 Coogfans.com