Non-UH Basketball Talk - Week of 12/7

Ok, time to start a new thread. I’ll start it out with the #8 Creighton @ #5 (and insanely overrated) Kansas matchup today at 4pm on ESPN. Kansas is currently -4.0, but I’ll boldly predict Creighton wins this one easily and Kansas will still be ranked ahead of us this time next week because that loss to Creighton will be considered a quality loss.

The only 2 games in the AAC today that had a chance to help the image of the conference have either been postponed or cancelled (Arkansas @ Tulsa and Vandy @ SMU). That leaves Memphis and South Florida who just need to win their respective body bag games so as not to make us look worse.

Finally, there are some decent Top 25 games on the schedule for today with chances for upsets and therefore, chances for us to move up in the rankings despite having a less-than-stellar schedule this week. I’ll be keeping my eye on the following matchups:

#16 UNC @ #3 Iowa (6:30 on ESPN)
#6 Illinois @ #10 Duke (8:30 on ESPN)

Go Coogs!

1 Like

American schedule for this week

2 Likes

Having a Master’s from Illinois, I’ll be rooting for them against Duke, HOWEVER, IF they lose, I won’t be depressed, because it’ll mean that my favorite team (the Coogs) will likely move up!

2 Likes

My dad is a U of I alum, I too will be rooting them on as they are my #2 team

The winner of Kansas-Creighton will be ranked ahead of us but the loser won’t. Probably the same for Illinois-Duke.

If UNC beats Iowa we’ll probably pass Iowa.

This is all assuming we streamroll Sam Houston and Rice.

2 Likes

Logically, you should be correct. But then there are voters like Seth Davis who think UH should be #17 and literally said there is no reason to worry about Kentucky right now.

1 Like

I’m not calling an upset, but Abilene Christian at Texas Tech should be a good game Wednesday at 6. At least for the the first half before the refs get involved, so a potential good watch before UH comes on. Providence at TCU at 4pm will probably be a good game too so Wednesday is looking nice for watching some basketball.

Seton Hall and St. John’s on Friday is another I will probably check out. Neither team is great, but I like some old school Big East basketball.

Very entertaining game between Kansas and Creighton. Kansas hung on to win by 1. Freighting had a chance to force OT but missed the 3rd FT after being fouled behind the arc. Besides that miss, the Bluejays shot only 50% of their freebies

Iowa looks good up 15 on UNC

@2002Coog
:upside_down_face: :face_with_monocle: :nerd_face:

1 Like

I have been known to be wrong occasionally.

2 Likes

Wow Penn St up 60-34 on Va Tech

1 Like

That’s what makes CBB a great Sport. Even teams in the 100-150 RPI can beat TOP25 team on any given night.

3 Likes

WTH
Fort Hays State beat KSU by 13

3 Likes

Isn’t Fort Hays St D2?

2 Likes

Duke getting killed right now.

3 Likes

No reason Duke should be #10 right now outside of the name.

2 Likes

Duke is every bit as overrated as Kentucky was

3 Likes

Not only that, they were a winless DII team. They came in with close losses to Washburn, Emporia St, and Nebraska-Kearney.

2 Likes

Anyone know when Tarlington State get a D1 BB program? I know they had a branch in Killeen, but I didn’t know the main campus in Stevenville had a team? I see their game with the Gonzaga was cancelled.