Off Topic: Go Coogs in Public

Does anyone else say Go Coogs and throw up the hand sign when you see others around town wearing UH apparel or is it just me? I thought it was a thing, but the majority of the time I get an awkward smile or stare back. Where’s the UH spirit :joy:?

8 Likes

I say Go Coogs if I see someone wearing UH gear

6 Likes

I do it too, but admittedly, I’ve been caught off guard when folks do it to me. I wear cougar gear so often I’m not even aware I have it on so sometimes it’s like where did that come from

8 Likes

During the final four, received many Go Houston’s or comments from especially younger folks that u was surprised about. I always say something to others, but I get some weird looks sometimes.

5 Likes

Always

7 Likes

Of course.

1 Like

As do I, Twinmom.

2 Likes

Always and yes, weird looks as well. lol

1 Like

I like to mix it up with “Eat ‘em up!!!” or a “whose house?”

3 Likes

Absolutely. I have UH license plates and people flash me the Coogs hand sign all the time.

1 Like

I often do that…and ALWAYS reciprocate when other people do it too me!

1 Like

Most of the time people just stare blankly at me when I give the cougar sign and say go coogs. When I say “I like your hat” or something like that I get a better response.

2 Likes

I never do it because when you’ve reached my level of refinement any hand signs are considered common.

5 Likes

This is my experience as well.

I was in the Costco parking lot yesterday trying to load a pellet grill into my truck and a guy came over and helped me because I had on UH hat and shirt. And I always say go Coogs and if given the chance I say I’m Cougarrick hoping I run in to one of yall.

1 Like

I am proud too be a Coog and say “GoCoogs” a lot. What makes me really happy though is when people who are still at U of H stop and tell me that they go there and start conversations about U of H. The future is bright for our school.

5 Likes

I get about 50/50 responses to awkward stares. I will say I have better luck with people 60+ years old, or 25 and under.

2 Likes

Go Coogs!

3 Likes

This is what happens to me. I’ll get a Go Coogs and won’t process what the person said to me after they already walked by.

2 Likes