• Graham Harrell
  • Drew Mehringer
  • Matt Kubik
  • Brian Wright
  • Doug Meacham
  • Ryan Day

0 voters

1 Like

Is the poll who we think will be hired or who we want?

Lets go with who we want.

1 Like

Edenfield from Troy get’s my vote.

This list presumes we are switching offensive systems?

1 Like

I believe in second chances. Bring Briles home.

4 Likes

This list presumes nothing. Just a list of candidates whose names have been mentioned either on this board, on social media, or in conversation. Although I will say, there are several names on that list who would definitely not represent a change in offensive systems (Mehringer, Day, Briles, Wright)

Mehringer I can see, Briles runs his dad’s system which is not the Ohio State power spread which is what we run (he’s not coming here anyway). Don’t know about Day or Wright.

Thanks for compiling the list!

1 Like

Bob Stitt is available.

1 Like

Bob Stitt would be fun. That would really be an outside-the-box hire.

1 Like

Yea his system did him well in Montana didn’t it?

I’ve followed his career somewhat, what worked at D-3 didn’t pan out at the FCS level.

I can only imagine what it would do on the FBS level, maybe we’ll find out soon at Rice which is the rumored landing spot.

What position would he take at Rice? They’ve already hired an OC.

Who’d they end up with?

Stitt’s system did as well at Montana as it did at Colorado School of Mines. Just Montana had higher standards. Winning percentage was about the same. Not sure what they expected.

The NC Central Head Coach. Michigan’s DB coach is their new DC.

That’s
really not true. At least in terms of records (my google skills are too weak to get stats from past years for D-II schools) Stitt’s best Montana record (8-5) would have been his second-worst Colorado Mines record since 2007. To make matters worse, Colorado Mines hasn’t really fallen off since he left. Gregg Brandon has done a pretty solid job of maintaining what Stitt set up.

1 Like

Updated with 2 new names in the original post

Lets get back to 40+ per game. Don’t care who he or she is.

Mehringer and Day are clear favorites.
What OC could fit CMA offense philosophy?
Is CMA willing to adapt and change our current offense? In case he does I would like to see Wright come in.
We do not know if CMA is close to any of the mentioned.