OFFICIAL: Willie Fritz named UH Football Head Coach

CDH’s record coming from WVU was meh. Fritz’s accomplishments speak for themselves.

19 Likes

True. But winning in the Big 12 compared to the American is miles difference as we have found out this year.

1 Like

I LOVE naps. They are underrated.

13 Likes

Very true but willie was able to turn around and actually win the American last year with old members still there. Something Dana was not able to do in the same time frame.

At a place that is harder to win at too.

1 Like

Have any AAC coaches ever lasted in the Big 12?

1 Like

Someone posted a pic of the nap room for the players. What’s wrong with a nap (at any age)??

1 Like

I think Patterson and Kingsbury were put out there just to make us want a Fritz type. You want some wild hire with two flamed out coaches or a proven winner with back to back 11 win seasons? I’m more relieved than excited, but also feel good that Fritz will be a positive for us. I didn’t want a boom or bust type hire like GP/KK or a young coordinator like Stein. We need to be set on a winning path in the Big 12 and Fritz is probably the best hire for that.

8 Likes

What’s our true expectations. To me there’s enough talent in the team to be bowl eligible next year. If we do that, I’ll be happy. In 3 years however, expectations should be competing for the Big 12 championship.

3 Likes

Excited about our future!

Willie is our man.

5 Likes

Is that you coach Dickey? I keed, I keed…

3 Likes

They have the same amount of wins against the Big 12 champs in their career (1). lol

Ofc it took Dana about 7-8 more tries to do that.

Welcome aboard Coach Fritz. Hope 2 C U on Monday!

2 Likes

This is our Dickey hire in football ?!?

1 Like

Well Fritz was coaching a Tulane team and not a junior high girls team at the ymca.

15 Likes

The safe hire. Sumlin-like exit. Better be winning 9+ wins by year 3 or GTFO. Houston is on the clock to improve or get left out when the inevitable realignment happens.

3 Likes

By year two honestly!!!

1 Like

I thought experience was over rated until I had some of it…

9 Likes

Let’s goooo!!! I will be shocked shocked if he doesn’t get us to Big 12 respectability within a couple years. Not predicting he takes us to the top of the Big 12 because that is really hard to do but we will be top 1/2 soon. Love it!

3 Likes

Wasn’t CDH on the clock? Then WTF happened?

There have been plenty of older successful coaches. Bowden, Spurrier, Paterno, Saban to name a few. You might be pleasantly surprised. Give us old people a chance :joy:

35 Likes