Oh man Team USA has won the Gold Medal!

Lost to Nigeria and now Australia. Sure the world’s gotten better but this team is full of crap. Who’s on this turd tour?

2 Likes

They really need a 36 year old LeBron that bad? Yeesh

Thanks for making me feel old hehehe

What a joke!
They need guys totally invested in what they are doing. Pretty pathetic they aren’t.

1 Like

The NBA season just wrapped up. Some of the invitees passed for reasons of needed rest, time with family before they get back to camp in a couple months, and just to take a break without risking injury, as this is their career they put at risk.

Until the Dream Team, we played our college kids while others played their pros. And hoops is an international game with lots of NBA-caliber talent. Australia beat us with their own set of guys in the NBA. No doubt everyone is motivated to play us. We may not win a gold medal, but lots of that is our success in spreading the game to the world. It is no longer OUR game, it is everyone’s.

1 Like

Nah. Not really. If LeBron and Steph are playing then we probably win these games by 30.

2 Likes

Say what you want going out there and losing to Australia and Nigeria with our pros is a joke.

3 Likes

Not really sure how to respond to this. Not trying to argue with anyone. Just throwing out thoughts. Clearly the nba wanted to take basketball globally. Players like Jordan obviously helped to create a bigger appeal. Maybe now the rest of the world has caught on and are playing to a semi caliber level…?? I know still we consider the best players being in the USA. The current nba mvp was born in Serbia. I think it’s apparent that the game is more relevant in other countries now. That being said it’s pretty shocking that a team with kd would lose. But how different could it be if the top of the top players in the nba would play? It will be an interesting olympics if this continues this way.

Sorry team with no defense backcourt! Don’t care how talented or rated you are, defense wins games!

4 Likes

The rest of the world cares more and considers it an honor to represent their countries. We have a bunch of spoiled brats playing for themselves with no interest in playing hard. There is no excuse to lose any of these games.

13 Likes

Yep - going to battle with the AAU generation - no one fears the Americans anymore

Those days playing the USSR was intense - wish the olympics was like that again

2 Likes

I’m consistently impressed with the overall skill and play of the top level non USA teams. I think that is a big part. However, there is no doubt that we should still expect to win gold with this bunch of guys. Hope they figure it out.

You mean like Texas?

1 Like

Roster is not as good as it usually is. And the other teams have gotten so much better. But this team is just not really trying rn, they will pick it up soon. But it’s not going to be a walk in the park like past years. A lot of the top guys aren’t playing. Unlike past years

1 Like

The NBA had a 72-game regular season on top of the late-ending 2020 season. Why are NBA players obligated to play in the Olympics? Why does that make them spoiled? And remember, all these guys are trying to learn to play as a unit instead of being the go-to guys they are on their teams. America is ruined because our hoops may not win Olympic gold and it is all their fault.

J_Coog, didn’t mean to reply to you directly. Sorry, man.

3 Likes

I blame Popovich.

1 Like

Why are they spoiled brats? Interesting take

1 Like

Yeah. Curious to know how KD, Lillard, Beal, etc are spoiled brats.

1 Like

Stop insulting people you don’t know, those guys are spoiled brats. They just got through with one of the most difficult seasons ever. We should be happy they even went to play in the Olympics, a lot of players didn’t. They will pick it up, it’s just exhibition games.

4 Likes

You can arguably say the four best American bball players aren’t there…

LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Stephen Curry
James Harden

I don’t know why Durant went. He needed rest after a full season after coming back from a major injury.

2 Likes