Oh man Team USA has won the Gold Medal!

The funny thing about that is that the majority of the Nigerian roster were born in the US and live and train here. Look, the fact of the matter is, we need our best players there. James Harden, Steph, Klay, Anthony Davis, etc. THAT’S why they lost. Hopefully they can get it figured it out but USA basketball should not lose if it’s best players are on the court. I don’t care how good the rest of world has improved.

2 Likes

THIS.

Lol I see the all the boxes have been checked with these 2 losses in the discussion. Blame AAU and the players are spoiled. Most of the people who blame AAU have never attended an event but just throw that out there.

I see 2 issues with the team so far. They have only been together a week so there is going to be an adjustment period vs teams that have played together awhile. The roster construction is a little flawed. There isn’t a true playmaker/PG on the roster. Dame is more of combo guard and doesn’t create well for others. Everyone else is a bucket getter who don’t setup others well.

2 Likes

There is a reason the NBA is the best pro hoops league. Just send college kids from now on. It used to be that way, but our national pride was wounded when our kids lost in 1972, 1980, and 1988. In 1992, we sent the Dream Team, and even with sending pros, we won Bronze in 2004 in Athens.

To lend some perspective, the US is 136-5 in the Olympics. That is domination.

1 Like

We got bronze in 2004 because a lot of the best players opted out. Then, when they all played in 2008 in London, they dominated. It’s simple.

That’s the point. Let the college kids play in the Olympics and international games.

1 Like

No. Because then I won’t want to watch. lol

AAU has changed the culture of basketball period

When considering FIBA rule enforcement, the American NBA guys are spoiled. The NBA and its rules caters to its superstars and allows much more protection for its top level talent. FIBA does not honor the same unwritten rules. Very noticeable when other teams D-up on the American players…and no fouls are called. Once the NBA guys adjust to the rules, we’ll see a better defensive effort.

I actually think the grown ups have changed the culture of basketball and AAU is just the vehicle.

Come on, JCoop. The obvious issue is that they are spoiled brats.

1 Like

The good news is the way things are going for the USA team we may not have to worry about kicking anyone off the team for disrespecting the flag during the medals ceremony

3 Likes

Nothing makes me madder than that argument :roll_eyes:. I see why guys don’t want to play. They win nobody cares, they lose and there spoiled brats.

1 Like

Hahaha…but seriously, let’s hope we DO have that problem. I want that gold medal.

Go Coogs…but I do think the rest of the world has caught up in basketball and you could tell against Nigeria that we didn’t want it as much as they did.
As far as Durant goes, I applaud him for playing in the games and repping his country. I thought he hustled and played hard the game I watched him.
As far as Labrat goes, I could care less what his political views are…

1 Like

Lol. The rest of the world has caught up. While we have no LeBron, Steph, AD, Harden, Klay, and the list goes on.

Show me on the doll where “LaBrat” hurt you.

3 Likes

LOL, you just can’t help yourself. Do us both a favor and block me out. I really get tired of your childish rants that are basically worthless. I don’t have to take your bait about Labron or anyone else. It’s obvious you think you have all the answers…lol…I will not reply to any more of your silly, childish posts…maybe you should consider growing up…now, go ahead and flag me lol…

Why would I flag you? His name is LeBron. Not LaBrat. But I’m the child here. Lol

2 Likes

Played AAU my whole life, it’s definitely not AAU fault. I have played with and against guys like Fox, Galen Robinson, Fabian, Carson Edwards, Miller Kopp, Sahvir Wheeler, none of which are spoiled brats. Like you said it’s the adults and parenting. But none of the team USA players are spoiled brats idk why that guy said that.

2 Likes

You mean the Nigerian team, who was basically all Americans?

1 Like