OL this fall

Trick is getting size, muscle weight, and quick feet… no hidden gems with all that.

2 Likes

What happened this past season is by definition history. We HAVE to add quality recruits to our OL. We played well at times but we also showed during the season some weaknesses that I am sure our coaching staff is addressing. Good to great teams always look at improving. We are far from having a “dominating” OL. We want to measure up to what Cincinnati did this past season. They had seniors and a great OL with depth. Rider and his OL stats says it all 11-17 with 3td’s, 210 rushing yards.

2 Likes

1 Like

He’s not good because he’s big or big because he’s good. He’s technically sound and just so happens to be that big.

Size helps but at some point the margin for error increases because there is some much you have to move. Specifically when you get a guy in the 6-1 to 6-3 range under you.

1 Like

Sometimes it is difficult to teach speed. I played baseball with a giant on first base. He literally had to hit a triple to get to first. I have never in my life saw ANYONE move so glacierly!

I don’t know anything about offensive lineman and the skill it takes to play that position, so I’ll take your word for it. But I was just responding the original post that our linemen are big.

1 Like