Only Texas teams in AP are #4 Baylor and #21 Houston

https://twitter.com/CBBonFOX/status/1234531306836414464?s=20

4 Likes

I think that ties Michigan, Ohio and Kentucky for the only state with multiple teams.

Sorry Pennsylvania and Iowa have two teams as well.

Is there someone in Iowa I’m missing. But I only see Iowa Hawkeyes as being a team from Iowa.

1 Like

Mike you are correct Creighton is in Nebraska not Iowa.

Ahh, there’s the one you missed. Well, Omaha is really close to Iowa, like across the river. I can see where you could miss that.

1 Like

and at #28 is SFA. Funny how the top 3 teams in Texas are Baylor, UH and SFA.

2 Likes

so Oregon is 13 and BYU is 15 - and the four conference losses - all on the road - all with an average ft attempt disparity in favor of the opposition of approximately 15 - by combined total of 6 points. From my perspective UH played only one subpar game and that the loss to Okie State. Pretty stout, actually - I daresay every team has had at least one less than stellar outing.

2 Likes

Michael everything you said is correct. On top of that we are playing our best basketball right now. I am not predicting a final four but it isn’t out out of the question.

2 Likes

FWIW - I have watched some college basketball this season - and there is no team against which I think UH is overmatched - but - there are most against whom I could see us losing. This season has been particularly engaging because most games seem uncertain - and the question is - how much better can our guys get?

1 Like

My main concern is that the tournament will be away games and that’s where the team struggles

Same thing

On neutral floor… and the ncaa tournament will have REAL referees, not bargain basement ones !!

They typically let them play in the ncaa tournament.

1 Like

It will be the same refs. But with different parameters, as you noted.

If I remember correctly - our only neutral court games were in the Hawaii tournament - and we played well there, I thought.

1 Like

You guys are still viewing our narrow losses as a bad thing. We have played well on the road and only one game this season has gotten away from us at all, Oregon.

The fact that no other road team has been able to beat us in a game that did not involve a bad call at the end or a last possession heave going in while winning every conference home game is a positive.
And we are the only AAC team with a winning record on the road.

1 Like

They are on 3-0 on neutral floor. Which is where MarchMadness gms will be played. The 4 Conf losses have all been on a Saturday which is when you see the biggest/loudest crowds for Home team. Of course losses by 2,2,1,1.

The conference tournament won’t be too neutral if we have to play SMU.

1 Like

After loosing the way they did to Wichita State The fan base could check out

1 Like

At least it’s not a Memphis home game anymore.

4 Likes