Only Texas teams in AP are #4 Baylor and #21 Houston

Was talking abt MarchMadness Tourney not FtWorth. In to be honest not too worried abt SMU fans …barely a whisper. It’s all abt winning the Reg Season Title. Conf tourney is just gravy for Coogs n maybe maybe move up 1 seed line.

1 Like

Smu fans are soo lame. We blew them out in their own house. Proud of all the cougars that showed up to the game in Dallas. I sat close to the floor in an smu section. Old highland park folks, not a peep of excitement outside of a clap here and there. Lol.

1 Like

Huh? “Blew them out in their house”. Uhh no!

@Jesse22

Did you go to the SMU game in Dallas ?

Basically, our fans were loud and very supportive. Showed up and represented very well. I was proud considering it was a road game.

Talking about the fans. Not the score unfortunately.

Sounded like you were talking about the score. Whenever you say blew them out!

2 Likes

Not sure why Jess. I didn’t even mention the score. I did mention the fans and being in Dallas and how lame the smu fans were. But when you are looking for it you might find it.

You said we blew them out!! That indicated score to me not fans getting blown out. We can move on.

2 Likes

Hmmm . . . I know what she said but what is she trying to say? :wink:
https://twitter.com/UHpres/status/1234535607659044864?s=20
It’s interesting reading some of the comments to her Twitter post.

1 Like

We have played exceptionally well on neutral courts. We won that tournament!

2 Likes

I like that this team is not dependent on being hot from 3 pt range (sometimes tougher in the big arenas where the later games are played) and has several weapons to use. And this team has size at the guard positions moreso than the last two seasons. Hoping for a strong finish and AAC tourney showing.

1 Like

If we hit the three we are capable of beating anybody,

3 Likes

I agree, but will add:

-Make free throws
-Limit turnovers
-Don’t hold the ball deep into the shot clock

3 Likes

I would add “Drive to the hole & finish” to your list . . . . .

2 Likes

This one has been driving me crazy lately. Jarreau and Mills usually need some maneuvering to get their shot…it seems like only Sasser can take the clock down under 8 and be successful given his range. Wish they would start around 11 or 12 rather than under 10 secs.

1 Like

Dejon is explosive(and I’ll probably receive some flak for the following), but if he wants to be like James Harden by rolling his shorts up into his tights and wear number 13, he has to work on his finishing at the rim.

He can get to the rim anytime he chooses and that’s a gift from above, but missing at the rim is a no-no if that’s going to be his bread and butter. I really hope he comes back next year because he needs more time to work on his finishing. His free throw accuracy looks to be improving.

I like his game but my point was that he usually has that drive, crossover and then go. And, if help comes from the high pick defender, there is not much time left on the shot clock because he started at the logo with 8 secs instead of 11 or 12.

1 Like

Makes sense. If he can start getting those layups to go, then we will be even more dangerous. Last game he missed a dunk but I just feel like he’s going to boom on someone soon. He has to be frustrated by now and I’d hate to be that guy that decides he’s going to try to jump. lol Don’t do it. It’s only two points.

It is much easier finishing at the rim in the NBA… no defense is played until the championship games.

1 Like

Touche my friend. That’s why I hardly watch NBA basketball until after the ASG. Sometimes that’s too early too!

1 Like

I wonder if there will be room for Deeky to have much PT next year.