OT: '22 Jumpman Invitational

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1518641492411170829

The game between Oklahoma and Florida is expected to be played on Dec. 20th while the game between North Carolina and Michigan is expected to be played on Dec. 21st, according to a separate source.

Wish the Coogs had been invited…

3 Likes

Lol fr how did Florida get the nod over us?

1 Like

Pre-season top 5 and know pre-conference tournament….surely we have been invited to some….

1 Like

Doesn’t Sampson like to go on international basketball trips every season? Aren’t they up for a trip this year?

Unless we opted to go set up more home and homes idk how we didn’t land a single of these invites lol

It’s a shame cuz OU at the end of December when all our players settled into the system woulda been an easy Q1 win :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

There are others that can give you an exact answer but I think you can only do the international thing once every 3 or 4 years….something like that……you may be right….seems like due this year or next.

2 Likes

They’re taking one this year. Q went to Italy his first year, he was here 2 seasons, this past season they didn’t go. So this season is year 4, which now would make sense why we wouldn’t have a tournament.

4 Likes

I would think that would have already been announced. Plus those trips are usually in August b4 the Fall Semester starts when Teams go to a certain Country for usually 10–14 days.
We’ll see I guess. But won’t be shocked if No Intern’l or Tourney is in play for Coogs in 2022.

They scared

8 Likes

Yup. Imagine how much we’d beat UM, Florida, or Oklahoma :joy:

2 Likes

Allowed an international trip every 4 years

2 Likes

This is the guess i have about the schedule

these tournmanets are made almost 2 years in advance… i dont think we were passed on i think sampson passed on them, becuase our schedule for next season from the lense of 2 years ago seems monstrous and he probably didnt want to overschedule

Virginia 2 seasons ago was the teams always title contending, oregon was just in the sweet 16, and bama was a 2 seed…i think we were almost certainly offered a spot in a MTE somewhere, sampson likely said no trying not to overschedule… Virginia and oregon ended up NIT teams, and bama is on a collapse…now its probably too late to enter a MTE

After last season I think we should schedule as many Q1 opportunities as possible… But just win the AAC again and the point is moot.

1 Like

Speaking of Bama….i really hope CKS doesn’t let off the gas and the fellas just curb stomp Oates.

1 Like

run up the score on M**phis too since they broke up our streak tbh

1 Like

I actually meant to type every four seasons* …in regards to the jumpman invitational, wouldn’t it be Jordan Brand doing the inviting? So, I don’t think they’re “scared” haha

It is the original 4 Jordan schools, also they are all Jordan schools for both basketball and football.

1 Like