OT Anyone Notice The Texans

… advertising for suites and seats? It makes me wonder how ticket sales are going or trending.

1 Like

Speaking of mismanaged…

3 Likes

Oh managed alright. Straight to the bank. McNair’s bank.

2 Likes

It’s a good thing the Texans hired an offensive-minded coach. Otherwise, the games might be so boring that they’re borderline unwatchable.

(Sarcasm)

7 Likes

Also a really good thing they mortagaged their future to bring in a stud LT that will prevent Watson from taking a bunch of sacks. He took a sack three plays in a row at one point tonight.

6 Likes

Yeah, My Father In Law tried to bait me on the 5 turnovers that Case did in their last game, but I countered his response with His Texans (I don’t claim that team…) lost to another Coog Allen today. Needless to say, he kept talking about Deshaun Watson not having enough protection. I pretended that I cared, however, I was glad to see the Texans lose.

11 Likes

I definitely wasn’t happy to see them lose. I want them to win. However, perhaps antics like today will get the ball rolling on finally getting a new coach.

6 Likes

If Bill was gone, I would feel better about cheering for them, but I can’t watch O’Brien and the Texans together…nearly 18 years of Mediocrity.

7 Likes

I don’t love the Texans, but before I moved I would root for them mostly because my bosses were huge fans so Monday mornings we’re always a bit easier to deal with because they were in good moods.

3 Likes

Funny how he advocated for Watson not having enough protection. I guess he has never paid much attention to the atrocities that have “protected” Case.

7 Likes

Once they get rid of BoB, I’ll think about rooting for them again. Until that point, I would prefer they fall on their faces.

9 Likes

I honestly think they should tank. What is the point of winning the division at 8-8, then getting booted out of the first round of the playoffs? Could get a better pick and maybe another OL.

coog116 - BoB traded 1st round picks in 2020 and 2021 and a 2nd round pick in 2021 for Tunsil and Stills. What a waste as Watson is still getting sacked and hammered.

7 Likes

Texans-$20 + million under the cap that should go to the OL just gaining interest in the old mans pocket.

Watson all heart & a rare athlete but hit after hit will make him just another guy soon enough.

7 Likes

Well that’s just depressing. Yup I’m now officially a fair weather fan until O’Bozo is gone. Red shirt Watson!

3 Likes

I’m hoping the Texans win so I win the bet with my cousin. Losing sure makes for better local radio though.

2 Likes

I’ll always root for all the Houston pro teams, but the Texans are the hardest of the bunch to support, for so many reasons. I never liked their nickname, colors or the hokey down home image they try to promote. Houston deserves better. They act like they represent Kountze, not Houston. And don’t get me started on their management, and how badly they’ve mismanaged player moves over the years.

4 Likes

I love the Texans, but this is a valid critique. Nothing about them says “Houston” to me in the way that a team like, say, the Astros does. You could drop the Texans in San Antonio or Fort Worth or Austin and they’d be just as good a fit, if not better. Not that that isn’t true of ~80% of the NFL, but still.

3 Likes

@32:45
DA says:
“How many times do you watch a Texans game and ask WHAT is Bill O’Brien doing?”

2 Likes

Watson needs to play better too. He misfired on a couple of throws and needs to recognize the blitz. Needs to get rid of the ball and don’t take a sack.

3 Likes