OT: General UH Discussion Thread (Fall Address)

Today’s UH News:

1 Like

Needs to have his chestnuts roasted on an open fire as punishment.

5 Likes

Jack Frost won’t nip at the nose

A solution to Academic Excellence obscurity (near the bottom of the drop-down list) would be for the developer/monitor/police to move it to the top of the drop-down list (hint-hint developer/monitor/police). I check it out most times that I visit because when it does have something, it’s usually relevant to UH and interesting.

1 Like

This I agree with. For example, when CoT is getting moved to Sugarland, or merged into Engineering, stuff like that. We hear from alums of those respective colleges provide insider perspective compared to some things that staff know

We don’t need a story like this.

University of Houston has an enrollment of about 40K.

When you have 40,000 individuals some will be saints and some sinners. Some will be Athletes and some will not be able to run from here to there without passing out. Some will be Phi Beta Kappa material and others will just make it to graduation (what I jokingly refer to as Summa Cum Lousy). Some will be would be billionaire contributors with their names engraved on buildings and some will do what they can, others will not give at all and do not care.

Things happen.

I prefer to call that graduating “Summa Cum Lordy,” “Magna Cum Lordy,” “Cum Lordy,”…and in some cases…OHHHHHHHHH LORDY!!!

:grin:

2 Likes

Got 100k bond and residents can move back in now, with the exception of the East Wing, displaced for a few more weeks (floors 1-4).

This sucks for those that were going to move in on Saturday.

Anyway, the band performs on Friday at 7pm!

2 Likes

The entire lower bowl for Kansas is currently sold out on UH Ticket site (with the exception of the visitors section).

2 Likes

But way too much red open in the rest of the stadium

1 Like

Updated with Fall Address by Khator