OT: Hate to state the obvious

Yes!

Clown Brigade

1 Like

I don’t follow semi-pro football. Someone update me on this team.

3 Likes

This city loved a team that had clowns like Herzog as our GM and loser Bud Adams as the owner. Loved the defense and the hire of a much bigger jerk in Buddy Ryan than O brien can ever be. And then there was the underachieving and massive blown leads in the playoffs year after year.
I think there is still a major backlash from many of those who grew up loving the Oilers. Saying that, if they make it to the SB all will be forgiven and this city will throw a party the likes that Houston as never seen.
And I still despise the Adams family and NFL which will not allow us the rights to Oilers history to be reflected at NRG for us Houston Texans fans.

3 Likes

For clarification, most casual fans don’t even realize that the Adams family retains the rights to the Oilers name, which they could release at any time (see, Cleveland Browns).
This was an especially cruel parting shot at our city and fan base as he slunk off to Nashville. After he held us up for a $65MM improvement bond for the Dome, which we are still paying for

3 Likes

Difference: Buddy Ryan a proven winner. Obrien , proven loser no matter how many games he won. Ryan was a defensive genius. Obrien the QB whisperer: Wouldn’t know a good QB if you gave him a hint. BTW, Watson is starting QB, but it wasn’t until his favorite QB went down before he gave the kid a small chance. Watson would probably still be on the bench if injuries didn’t force it.

Geez when you go to such extremes you make it apeear that I am defending the guy. My point was a pretty clear response. Watson not starting was for his development not about playing favorites. I think the relationship is pretty solid there.
Anyway, I do like Obrien that much as a HC though there are worse and we have seen much worse as fans of the Houston Oilers/Texans.
To he honest not a big fan of how our celebrated DC has handled the talented front 7 at his disposal.

Surely there is a Texan Blog somewhere !!

4 Likes
1 Like

Bill Obrien won’t fire himself after missing the playoffs or 1st round exit. He has gained another year to mess up the organization.

For me as a tax paying machine that’s the real tragedy.

3 Likes

Have you ever noticed that people say they hate to state the obvious, but do it anyway?

5 Likes

Yes a better title would be “I hate that I have to state the obvious”.