OT: Saints vs Texans

ABC/ESPN will have a hard time topping that game tonight! I thought the Texans pulled it out; but Brees and the kicker knocked them out with no time on the clock as the ball sailed through the uprights. What a game.

Meanwhile, the Astros are up 15-0 in the 8th inning.

3 Likes

That 20 yard cushion the Texans secondary was giving reminded me of the Coogs last year. Same result.

7 Likes

Wouldn’t have mattered, if they played tight, the receivers would run past the Texans defenders. Just too much time left on the clock. :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, you can’t give Brees a whole 37 seconds and a time out for a drive.

2 Likes

I only watched the last 3 minutes of the game, but based on what I have seen, this is the best game the Texans have ever played! Despite a loss, the Texans should be very proud of their gritty performance! They have shown more to me in this loss than all of their wins! If they continued to play like today the rest of the season they should expect to win at least 85% of the time!

1 Like

I told the wife Brees can score two TD’s in 37 seconds. Field goal range is a given.

As a long time Texans watcher it was deja Vu. Get a lead in the first half, play prevent O and D until you get behind, do what you can to catch up. Kub did the same thing during his tenure.

1 Like

I fully expected them to lose somehow. At halftime when they were up 14-3, I knew that they would blow that somehow. I had a glimmer of hope being up 28-27 and then quickly reminded myself that it’s the Texans and sure enough the same old result happened. Why do I even watch that team?

1 Like

With Watson and Hopkins, the Texans have a lethal combination – unless they get Watson hurt running like he does. Those two played great any way you look at it.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I never understand those large cushions of the prevent-defense! Keep on giving the opposing team’s offense large cushions and they will eventually find themselves in the endzone! In the Saints’ case, in fieldgoal range!

1 Like

Well Watson’s health is already a headline after tonight with his back soreness. Why did he even have to leap into the end zone like that? Just step out of bounds.

1 Like

Not a Texan (pro) fan but got to admit that was one of the most exciting games I’ve seen in awhile.

3 Likes

Drew Brees is unreal.

3 Likes

I can’t believe how the same Saints D that had bottled up Watson for the entire second half broke down and allowed him to march down the field to score the go-ahead touchdown.

But yeah, I knew the Saints were going to win because Brees still had 37 seconds and a time out. That’s his specialty.

3 Likes

Who cares about the Texans on this site… does anybody take about University of Houston on the Texans site… ???

4 Likes

I care about the Texans on this site. Therefore I will make posts about them. If you don’t want to read it, you don’t have to. There are dozens of other threads for your reading pleasure.

4 Likes

Did not bother to watch…the results were as expected. Why do some of you guys give them the time of day? Bill O’Brien’s Texans will always snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory. Go Coogs, Astros, and Rockets!

2 Likes

Prevent Defense prevents the team that use it from winning.

2 Likes

I am conflicted about the Texans. I’ve pulled for them since they started; but I just don’t like O’Brien. I also have been a Saints fan since they started in 1967 and, though I was in the Navy at the time, my home was in Baton Rouge.

I still pull for both, though my heart is more with the Saints and the Redskins as long as Case is playing for them and starting. For the rest of the pros, I like to watch good games and pull for the team with the most Coogs.

2 Likes

Actually on the Texans board there is always a thread on UH Football in the College Football/ NFL Draft Section. It has been since I started posting there in 2008.

2 Likes