OT schadenfreude

Tom Herman misses on these two twin brothers. Their father played at UT and their older brother plays there as well. Just good to see.

https://247sports.com/player/tommy-brockermeyer-46040211/

5 Likes

Makes me smile in these trying times.

3 Likes

It will bear out that Herman’s downfall and greatest career mistake, was leaving Houston. He had everything he could possibly want: facilities, salary, support. He had the players, UH and the city completely behind him
 believing in him. He could have been top ten annually. Playing for a NC? Not gonna happen for him at UT. Too many entitled, rich meddlers in that program for anyone to be successful.

12 Likes

Yep. I like how a lot of fans on some of their boards say he has two sides coach Herman that is passionate and able coaches his head off and recruits and does everything right. The other 50% of the time he is Mensa Tom. He hired the wrong people, pisses off alumni, makes ‘smarter than you’ decisions.

Made me laugh. His polish is wearing off for the internet fans, and he lost 3 big recruits this week to bama.

1 Like

Ambition will be the downfall for Herman as it was for Sumlin and Briles.

7 Likes

Tommy is The Peter Principle personified

5 Likes

Not so fast. Herman could win B12 this year, then they will love him which may propel him to the CFP.

1 Like

Easy to proclaim yourself B12 champion when there will be no season.

6 Likes

I think he is a talented coach, but he is not able to shift and move. He had a blue print here that included a team that had something to prove and wasn’t entitled. Alumni were happy. Media liked him.

Austin is just a different entitled animal with their 2 national championships in the last 50 years. The road map is just different and he refused to change.

3 Likes

Dana realizes he has all he needs here which is why he’s staying and he will get us going in a BY way long term.

5 Likes

He more than likely would never have had a chance to play for a national title here. I don’t like him but the money, the fans and the pressure gives him a chance to make or reduce his career.
If there was ever a coach who would have been great here I think it would have been Sumlin but we lost him for all the above too

1 Like

Twins with a dad that played at UT and a brother there now, both going to Bama? Do you think their brother said, “You really don’t want to play for this a$$hole?” I do.

7 Likes

Correct it’s all about the National Championship and he knew he had NO chance to win it here, the system is rigged against us, I truly believe if we were admitted to the Big 12 he would have stayed as a path to the CFP would have been possible for UH then

4 Likes

But he could have stayed and got us into a better conf then we could. However , I think Dana is going to get that done here. This yr is mess but 2021 going forward , I think we really see that he gets it done. Sumlin could have worked here too long term but he needed good coordinators to succeed where as at least Dana can run the offense. He only needs to keep the def Coach so there’s more stability with Dana. Bridles was the same way but I hated his def and his lack of concern for it and it was his off that hurt the def. Dana is building a very rounded team and I think he becomes better than anyone since BY here.

4 Likes

Butch, I think Sumlin is a drunken prick. He was a good coach with Case at the helm and good assistants. Remember, when Case was injured, he was 5-7 here. Had he stayed, he would have gone down, IMHO.

He was good at TAMU with Johnny Football. But his personaliy ran off 2 great QB’s and he could win without those 3. He is wearing thin at UA with his 9-15 record and wasting a really good QB.

8 Likes

Don’t forget, he chased Terrence Broadway, away
who became a legend at Louisiana Lafayette and won consecutive bowl games for them

3 Likes

He doesn’t have Tony Lavine’s recruits to save his mensa butt.

11 Likes

Nailed it

2 Likes

Unfortunately too many coaches think that if they are good at one school they will be great at all. There really is a fit for certain coaches with school, administration, campus personality, etc
 It takes a family to succeed, not just the coach.

Many have that strong personality that seeks to constantly climb the ladder for the perceived better spot.

4 Likes

No argument from me about his drinking problems and I well remember his cowardice act of sneaking around with Agy the very week we were playing for big stakes here against USM.
He screwed us and left.
All I am saying is that he was a Really good recruiter and knew how to win at this level.
But you right he inherited quarterbacks everywhere he has gone

1 Like