OT schadenfreude

He could possibly win an abbreviated schedule title that will always have an * by it.

2 Likes

I remember I got torn to pieces on the old board when I said Sumlin would have been 6-6 in 2012, although I don’t think Saban could have won more than 7-8 games with that much turnover on both sides of the ball. Sumlin was 2-2 against Rice, right?

Sumlin looked like a guy with serious health issues at the end of his Aggie tenure. I think that place aged him about 20 years.

And, if Herman did win a “national championship”, not only would he ask UT for even more money, but he would also want them to erect a statue of him (to replace one of the others they took down). And, in further recognition of his greatness, he could demand that UT change the school song from The Eyes of Texas to The Eyes of Tom Herman. - Herman is clearly a champion of opportunism, no asterisk required.

2 Likes

I think it would be The Eyes of Herman Are Upon You. or Her Man if you will.

1 Like

His biggest Achilles is his lack of developing players to play in the NFL. The other blue-chips are telling their recruits that going to UT hurts your chances to get to the next level, and when you see the draft picks over the Herman tenure, the data supports this.

I haven’t done the research but his most successful year of preparing players for the NFL is probably his 1st at UH with Levine’s players.

1 Like

I think it was the booze that aged him.

He looked about one salt packet away from a stroke.

1 Like

Yeah, a bunch of people want to put a * by the Astros title. I don’t think anyone gives a crap. Nor would we care about an* if the Coogs won the conference this season. Only losers take solace in an *.

2 Likes