OT: The Dark Empire (THE Horns Down College Thread)

You screwed up Herman, you had everything great here: facilities, city support, fan support, admin support, plenty of money, player buy-in, numerous signature wins… yet it wasn’t enough for you.

UT kills careers.

36 Likes

Lol…yes sir!

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

UT has 4 more games. They have to win at least 3 of them. Hold up! He’s in his third year there. They should have won 10 this year. Somebody’s in trouble. :rofl:

11 Likes

How is that program not capitalizing on its unmatched, built-in advantages? They play in a watered down conference, they print money, have their own national tv network, they have the tradition, and their school is the academic flagship of the state, along with the biggest alumni count in the nation.

Baffling to observe from a distance, especially if the Alabama and Clemson programs can do what they are doing against tougher competition.

Oh well. The bigger they are

16 Likes

Lol…I love watching UT lose…watching Herman lose is even better…he will leave UT at the end of the season to jump to the NFL.

10 Likes

UT fans probably think Herman made the wrong guy starting QB. SMU might go to a NY6 bowl while UT goes to the Birmingham bowl. :rofl:

10 Likes

Texas fan forum is blowing up calling for Herman and Orlando’s ass lol

12 Likes

If Dana have us winning next year, they will start to look our way.

4 Likes

Ah, just had a thought. They come far in between you know. Sonny Dykes is UT’s coach in waiting. If Herman doesn’t win 10 games in 2020, it will be Sonny’s team.

6 Likes

I trolled the UT board on TOS, got banned but I have no regrets or apologies.

https://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/hope-you-guys-keep-herman-for-many-years-to-come.446261/#post-13066813

3 Likes

I got an error page.

2 Likes

Yeah they just deleted it. Funny how they have multiple threads taking shots at everybody else though.

3 Likes

Let this sink in…SMU beat TCU this year, UT could not.

I like the way the AAC is developing. If we keep this up, we could have a stronger conference than the ACC minus Clemson, the Big 12 minus Oklahoma, and the entire PAC.

UT is the annointed golden child…always start ranked, unlimited resources, questionable referees, their own network…and they cant build a consistent program

14 Likes

It won’t take long. “Is Holgorsen ready to jump back to the big leagues?” “Our sources say these are the most likely landing spots for Holgorsen in 2021”

5 Likes

UT has historically done less with more. A&M falls into that category as well.

15 Likes

We are already stronger than the ACC without Clemson. The only other ranked team for ACC is Wake Forest at #25. We have 2 teams ranked and 4 receiving votes.

3 Likes

Winner of UCF and Temple will probably jump back in. Memphis may jump in too. That’s probably four AAC teams in top 25. In a year Houston is supposedly bad

4 Likes

Texas is arguably the best job in college football. DKR and Mack Brown had great careers there and then Mac III decided he wanted to keep coaching at 70 or whatever. Some coaches failed there, but they made some bad hires with Strong and Mackovic and a few others just as we did in a few cases the last 25 or so years. But I’m glad we have Holgorsen. Herman’s a dick. Anyone who saw him mocking that Missouri kid knows that. And he’s overrated. The synchronicity was ideal when he came here. Ward was coming into his own as a QB, and Levine had signed about 10 defensive players a few years before that were drafted or made first-team all-conference. We didn’t need Nick Saban to get to the Peach Bowl that year, though he would have avoided losses at Navy and SMU in ‘16.

7 Likes

UT continues to still not be relevant in football.

This is so satisfying.

12 Likes