OU wow

Still not understanding the point here.

You not going to explain yourself? What do t-shirt fans have to do with me?

Hey man I’m already tight roping the line here, I’m afraid me explaining things further is going to get me kicked. I will say, you being called a tshirt fan is not a good thing.

I have a Bachelors degree from UT and a Masters from UH. Thus, calling me a t-shirt fan for either school is completely absurd. I’m a UH Alumni Life Member and have held season tickets to UH for 9 straight years until this pandemic.

6 Likes

You do understand defending uta in any capacity will not go well on this board? I always wondered why you defended them and the big 12 tirelessly…thank you for the confirmation.

1 Like

It is just too bad that all of the small12 members can’t finish 0-11.

Read the entire piece please. This is for all on this website that thinks U of H has no chance to become another Alabama.

THIS IS WHY WE ARE NOT IN A P5

7 Likes

Fear motivates their opposition to our inclusion in the so-called Big-12, and very few objective observers now doubt that.

Especially once it was revealed that they would get a pro-rata share increase and that it would financially cost them nothing to do so.

Anyone who still doubts that is simply an apologist for them, intentionally or foolishly.

2 Likes

You have serious issues. All I said was there was some serious schadenfreude going on in this board. Same thing is going on in the UT board. Get over yourself, and I’d suggest stop letting UT live rent-free in your head because you’ve got issues.

3 Likes

That is quite the accomplishment with that level of championship run. But on the other hand, it also shows how weak the rest of the conference has been. Sure, a TCU or a Baylor, or a Iowa State finally had their days, but nobody can sustain it except for OU whether they are really good or just above average.

And the Whorns are pretty much nowhere to be found over those years. Heman is 1-4 against OU and while at UH he was 1-0 and against a OU team that was top 5 and competed in the CFP the winter before.

1 Like

Right

Iiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!! lol :crazy_face: :rofl: :sunglasses:

You are wrong with this one. The man has 2 degrees and one being UH. Nothing wrong with supporting both schoo his other degrees came from.

Your response makes no sense!

This is no longer relevant at all. The recruiting landscape has changed so drastically since then.

If we had had TCU’s success leading up to the early 2010 realignment, we would have been the choice and not them.

UH only has itself to blame for why it didn’t get accepted back then and since then there has been no need for the XII to invite (we dont bring enough money to justify expansion).

We can’t even be a Cincinnati, apparently.

If only we had more T-shirt fans since it would mean we are relevant. T-shirt fans are a major plus for any organization.

No don’t you understand, we’re a hipster brand. You can only like UH before we were cool. That’s the vibe we’re going for bed on attendance figured the last few years.

If only we could beat a mountain west team in a bowl. Then maybe we would have some more respect.

The end game is we want to get into a P5 conference. To do that you pretty much have to show dominance in a sport and value to the conference. I always thought it would be football, but it could be the basketball program that could be our ticket.

Bottom line is we won’t do that in the Big XII - II because they’re already in the market here along with the SEC. That leaves the ACC and the PAC 12. While I don’t like the idea of being in a conference based in the Pacific time zone, I still think it’s our best shot.

No, we would not! The whorns were running the conference then, just as they are now. No way - NONE - would they have EVER let us in their little play house!

5 Likes