Asian: 19.5%

aTm:
White: 65%
Black: 3%
Hispanic: 22%
Asian: 6%

See the below post.

2 Likes

I think your numbers are off here, UT should have around 20% Asians I believe? In any case, your numbers for UT don’t add up to 100%.

I got my numbers off the sites on the internet. I did not guess, but I messed up. I looked at Asian folloed by 4.08% when I should have looked at 19.5%Asian and 4.08% Black. OOPS!

The enrolled student population at The University of Texas at Austin is 39.9% White, 21.7% Hispanic or Latino, 19.5% Asian, 4.08% Black or African American, 3.46% Two or More Races, 0.145% American Indian or Alaska Native, and 0.0685% Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islanders.

The University of Texas at Austin | Data USA

1 Like

So you’re saying we need more whites at UH? I see.

1 Like

Man, have you been taking lessons from my wife as how to twist words? No, I am saying we need more kids that are interested in football. For reasons I explained, I think a large segment of our student body is not into it. It really doesn’t matter what UT has, because they have many generations of families with football ingrained in them.

4 Likes

I get what you are saying

Jfournet agreeing with you corroborates this.

2 Likes

Because UH doesn’t do too much for marketing to students and our ticket system sucks and I mean sucks.

Marketing/GameDay puts great effort but not matched on the Academic side.

I had one class in Fleming the entire time at UH, but I walked through it almost daily. Great A/C in that building, especially if you went down to the basement to pass through. Also, E. Cullen is like a meat locker.

1 Like

Excuses. I went UH in the 60’s. There was no marketing, only a purchased ticket book at enrollment time.

There were 2500 students at the BB games because 1/2 of Delmar was reserved for students and many more at FB games. Neither of which was ON CAMPUS.

Also, the enrollment back then was probably only 30% of todays…… and yes, a lot of us had jobs.

Of course, there were no video games !!

2 Likes

I am so tired of people trying to twist everything as a race issue. Get a better argument, I am not taking the bait.

3 Likes

I’m so tired of people not recognizing that they have racist views and just scoff it off as being woke.

2 Likes

Get a life.

4 Likes

You brought up Asians, Hispanics, immigrants, and blamed them for lack of attendance. Yet you can’t see why that’s racist? Automatically all white students at UH are football fans? lol. What’s next, you going to tell me to leave the state?

2 Likes

Norbert, have you attended UH FB games and BB games over the past ~50 years? The UH season ticket base and general attendance is mostly white folks. That’s not a racist comment but rather an observable fact.

2 Likes

We should ban all immigrants/minorities at UH, that’s the answer to our attendance problems the whole time! Its so easy!

1 Like

Minorities take up a huge amount of the student section.

Heck CV3 is like 60 percent minority minimum.

It ain’t an issue.

The stats seem to depend on who posts to Instagram huh.

4 Likes

I admit it. I am very prejudice - against all students and former students who take from our great university, but don’t give anything back - such as donating to academics, or athletics, buying tickets, or, at the very least, standing up and calling out people who downgrade or ridicule UH. Thousands and thousands of people in this area and all over the world have a wonderful life and career because of our university, and it makes my blood boil when the stupid and the naive trash talk it. Regardless of race, gender, etc., we should all be proud of what UH has done for us, and support it in whatever way we can.

6 Likes

PBR: I share your prejudice. Over the years I’ve given my time and treasure to U of H in every way I knew or could think of. It was simply my way of showing appreciation for what U of H gave me.
Ever hear Jesus’ parable of “The Ungrateful Servant”? If he had lived in a different time and place we might have had the parable of the “Ungrateful Alumni”. Maybe someone can write it someday.

3 Likes

@red80 - I think we need more STAR athletes and more wins. It appears that we will be seeing a lot more of both in the near future.

Star players and championships are your marketing.

Both bring in the casual fan.

1 Like