PAC 12 getting final offered from ESPN

Each team will be getting $16 million per team. ESPN final offered.

2 Likes

That’s what said in much earlier threads they’ll be after it’s all said and done. Lose UW,. UO, Stanford, Cal there done

1 Like

That’s beneath a low ball. That’s awful.

1 Like

All by design it sounds like to me.

KILL THE PAC!!!

I seriously doubt that number is accurate.

1 Like

ESPN has budgetary pressures, too. They’ll be paying the SEC who knows how much. They’ve grown ESPN+ by showing sports other than football which may be cheaper to buy rights and to produce - MMA and boxing come to mind. Plus interview shows and “documentaries” with old footage.

Content is just a way to make money, so if pickleball returns more cash with fewer viewers because they bought the rights for pennies, then pickleball it will be.

The Big XII should be prepared to be lowballed, too.

3 Likes

So they offered them $16,000.000.001

If it’s anywhere near this (right now I’m not hearing it from reputable sources) I think we’re both doomed as power conferences.

The thread is worthless without cited and credible sources.

2 Likes

$16M could be correct if the PAC10 said give me a deal for tier 1 & 2 but with no GOR. Oregon and Washington are not signing a GOR therefore the price will be lower than the original $24.5M.

The AAC would have gotten more money from ESPN if it had signed a GOR. I’m so glad they didn’t.

If $16M is true, why are the 4 corners not knocking on the Big12’s door?

*they’re done. As in “they are” done.

No sources cited, but Front Office Sports isn’t off-the-cuff about much.

https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1575833266795446272

Something isn’t adding up here…

If Oregon/Washington/Stanford/Cal/Arizona/ASU/Utah/Colorado are all “addable” by the Big XII (and some are potentially addable by the B1G) and we are supposedly worth around 40mil a year, there is no way the PAC is being offered that low of an amount.

I wouldn’t expect a source to be cited, but I’m sure there is one. The question is how connected the source is and whether they have an agenda or are coming from a particular point of view. (Scheer and Canzano have their own sources, for isntance…)

I could see it either way.

This is why I don’t understand why people are celebrating numbers like this coming out.

ESPN wont be able to drive subscribers with pickleball, and they cant sell advertising for pickleball. They are going to be forced to pay for Big 12 sports because unlike the PAC, we have fan bases that are interested, involved and willing subscribers and eyeballs for advertising. My belief is the PAC offer is being reduced by ESPN because it has very little value, and ESPN is going to invest in Big 12 football. Where ESPN may have been hoping to low ball the Big 12 to about 30 million per share, that savings from the PAC offer will probably go to the Big 12 to get us to about 38 million per share…no doubt ESPN wants the Big 12 to grab a desperate 4 corners to have plenty of late night window content. There are just far too many eyeballs and interest in Big 12 products to lowball them like the new PAC is getting low balled.

1 Like

The Big 12 is FAR SUPERIOR to PAC in fan base interest, tv ratings, viewership…it is absurd that ESPN could low ball the Big 12 like that. I believe ESPN is getting the picture that the Big 12 fan support makes it many orders of magnitude better than the PAC…they will be forced to pay more for a valuable product or lose it…they have reduced the PAC offer from 24 mil to 16 mil because that money is going to shift to the more valuable Big 12 offer…this is a premeditated destruction by ESPN of the PAC…The 4 corners would have no choice but to leave a conference with a 16 mil offer for one that has a 38 to 40 mil offer…not only does ESPN invest in the more valuable conference (big 12) they effectively force the 4 corners into the Big 12 which then has plenty of late window content.

1 Like

Yes, it is…ESPN is going to invest in a valuable Big 12, destroy the PAC while sending to the Big 12 the only thing of value thats left in the PAC…The late night window content. ESPN will consolidate their valuable products under the Big 12 umbrella.

Always reliable doom and gloom Alex.
:smile:

1 Like