Pac-12 has "multiple bids

I believe Lorenzo and his brother are Tilman’s cousins. They used to own the UFC before they sold it a couple years ago for $4 billion.

2 Likes

You’re correct

How much would the SEC get? 1 billion?

???
As a racer I can see helmet stickers & patches on the uniforms. The schools likely all have beer deals concessions and the like. You could add more official stuff. Some official tie ins are naturals like Trojan Bareskin the official condom of USC.

3 Likes

Isn’t that what it’s about to join a conference. What value can you bring to us? I would think 2 schools bringing in $750 initially to a conference would be awesome for the P12 and the they would love that. On top of that, they would get the Houston and Las Vegas markets. To me it sounds like a win-win situation but not sure it was the Fertitta brothers.

Buying our way into a P5 other than the small12? I am all for it. It will pay for itself. We are excluded we need to get in period.

1 Like

Uncle Til could come in and present the real problem here which is time zones. Get us and another central time G5. Watch what happens to the ratings. Might mean 11 am home kickoffs though. You in-town Coogs ok with that?

How do you justify not paying the athletes now.

It is outrageous!

1 Like

Not convinced West Coast fans would want to watch 9 AM kickoffs . . . . .

1 Like

Yes, once the family “legitimized” itself, the children and grandchildren starting working on “other” endeavours. Take that to mean whatever you’d like.

1 Like

Actually it usually works well for me. Start drinking early, get the game done, then still have time to do something else too.

I just don’t see the Academics (the President’s) agreeing to this at all. Don’t get me wrong…if this is how we get in, fine with me, but these West Coast egghead elitists truly believe that they are sooooo much smarter than the rest of the world.
But this kind of out of the box scheme doesn’t surprise me from DotCom Land…

they wont…as a P5 member, we can have day kickoffs at 1 or 2 pm…can you think of any PAC 12 teams that have 11 am kick offs now? I cant.

2 Likes

I used to watch 6 and 7 am kickoffs for UH games when I lived in Hawaii.

Trust me.

FANS WILL BE FANS!!!

9 Likes

By 1pm in Hawaii, some NBA games were over when I visited…wierd for me.

I wonder is they really have multiple bids or are just trying to drum up more potential suitors?

3 Likes

I assume you missed the detail that my post was in response to another post . . . . . dansatjrDan

Uncle Til could come in and present the real problem here which is time zones. Get us and another central time G5. Watch what happens to the ratings. Might mean 11 am home kickoffs though. You in-town Coogs ok with that?

Lol the kickoff times will be closer to 11pm than 11am if we get into the PAC. The major kickoff times that matter are those early in the season. So the OOC games will will still be dependent on who we play.

If we got into the PAC, we could have games at 11, 3, 7, and 10.

Home games could be the first 3 time slots, road games the last 3, unless it’s against another CT team.

If it gets us into a P5 conference and paycheck, I could live with 7:00 AM kickoffs.

1 Like

They do it all the time…

1 Like