Pac 12 Poll

For those talking about home games with in state schools TT, BU, TCU. They can still be scheduled as out of conference games with us in the PAC12. I been saying for long time on this board, took a hiatus from posting, that the admin’s long game is the PAC. Honestly all things being equal and not having mates in this conference who are 2 faced, backstabbing miscreant’s, I say stay. But in the final analysis PAC calls we have to say, cya wouldn’t want to be ya!

The PAC12 will have great difficulty getting beyond their protected cocoon in The Pacific and Mountain Time Zones.

Not much motivation and not much fan interest. They will never lose Power 5 status,

They have access to fantastic College and Pro Stadiums in Seattle, San Jose, L.A., Phoenix, and Las Vegas.

Believe it or don’t The PAC 12 may just stand Pat.

“Which conference will we get into?”

“All of those m#### ######!!!
BWAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Texas did choose the SEC after years of saying they’d never associate with lesser academically inclined institutions.

What a perfect time for UH to throw down the gauntlet and join Cal, Stanford, Washington, UCLA, and USC.

Some things are bigger than football. The future of America is always westward moving. The center of population constantly shifts West. Texas took a step back in time. We leap forward.

3 Likes

Conference stability is all relative these days. Outside of the SEC its pretty much all a house of cards.

1 Like

Apart from considerations as to whether Houston would (or should) consider a PAC 12 invite should it come to pass, I do think the PAC is way more stable than the “new” Big 12. We know there are five or six schools in the new Big 12 that would probably jump at the chance to join other conferences. The PAC, on the other hand, is very stable, and none of their schools are looking to jump anywhere. Just my opinion, of course.

2 Likes

Pete Thamel tweeted that the PAC-12 commissioner stated that they were not close to inviting any particular schools, and that the PAC-12 commissioners were unanimous.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1436699538832625668

Well the Pac-12 Commissioner isn’t going to say Yes. Politics speak.

I think should they expand, the Big 12 is the only conference they can pull from. And honestly, UH is the most appealing of the schools because of the market and recruiting. The PAC-12 wants the Texas market.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being UH & TCU, UH & Tech, or UH & OK State in the next few years when they eventually expand. It’s good to know we’re on their short list of candidates.

1 Like

This makes sense. The story out of Ft. Worth didn’t. It was in the Ft Worth paper quoting an unnamed TCU person with no confirmation from any source. My first thought was false because. TCU is the last school in the B8 that the PAC would invite even behind Baylor. Both are R2 but Baylor is at least trying to become R1, TCU is not. Second, Why would the PAC want a small private church school when 2 large public R1 universities are just a few hours away. The third reason is that the PAC is not going to expand by only two schools, they will take four or none. Finally, this story has done damage to UH and it’s relationship to other schools in the new B12, just look at the Iowa State fans’ reactions.

2 Likes

TCU is a non-starter. More likely UH, TT, OSU, and KU.

1 Like

I work with and tried talking to a couple of Iowa State fans in 2016 about the instability of the Big12 in choosing not to add any schools. They believed the Big 12 was perfect and there was no reason to expand. I haven’t listened to a word they said since then. They can react any way they choose.

3 Likes

The PAC12 is looking at a new media deal. Why would they divulge their hand to anybody.
They are playing poker right now.

1 Like

Who gives a d**n what Iowa States fans reaction are. Just makes for a good heated rivalry on FB field far as I’m concerned.

2 Likes

The pac12 have already talked to their media consultants and have priced their next media deal. They are not expanding.

We will stay in the b12 if we get our own network. :rofl:

1 Like

Look at me… no ncaa violation or sanctions…

THIS. We hosted their championships for Shasta’s sake. We have absolutely been flirting with the PAC with scheduling, helping them out, Pez worked there, etc

1 Like

BYU has there BYtv I think - emphasis on think-they made an overture to Bowlsby in helping create a B12 network. They have the facilities.Maybe convert BYtv to B12 tv. Not sure how others schools in B12 would feel about that. Don’t want to create another prima donna in the conference that’s what got the B12 in trouble in the first place. But anything that we can do collectively to make the B12 stronger, is good.

1 Like