PAC needs the state of Texas (UH) BAD!

I believe the coaches are state employees and cannot participate !

I personally would welcome the inter-conference opportunities that would develop in academic and research areas. To me, the athletics aspect is a huge bonus to becoming affiliated with the PAC.

I think Pez knows all those people from his time in the Pac so we put them on the schedule. We scheduled a bunch of BigXII matchups and

HELL YA TO THE PAC! Who doesn’t want the chance to be in the same conference with Pac-man?

UCLA and Cal are the only two schools that may have a problem and their coaches could take a couple of days vacation every other year. Believe me, a couple of embarrassments and the law would be changed.

1 Like

There in lies the problem. There isn’t going to be any opportunity before the next grand shuffle. And that’s assuming that there is a shuffle.

1 Like

" lack of revenue will surely damage the football and men’s basketball products. Next time we know it will affect and impact everything their brand has."

Why isn’t the phone ringing then?

Imo PAC will wait till B12 crumbles and start adding there.

That is why we need a PAC invite soon before that happens.

Because their tv deal contract doesnt expire till 2023l thats why!! Which people who follow this topic know because its been said about a thousand times over the last year and a half
we arent going to get invited BEFORE anyone else
If PAC expands, they almost certainly will bring in 4 schools, of which we will almost certainly be one. They need MARKETS! We are more attractive than any Big 12 school left after Texa and OU bail
and they WILL bail. to big money conference of their choosing
B1G, SEC, ACC
The PAC has limitations on who they can look at from Big 12
No church schools
so no TCU or Baylor. WVU is simply too far east. AND, when Texas and OU leave, will they go alone? Likely they take a partner. Kansas likely to B1g with who ever else goes

Okie st, K state, Iowa st, Texas tech
Pretty certain that Houston and Tech delivering giant Texas market will far outweigh those other 3. I think Tech and Houston are certainties if expansion happens out west
The dogfight will be between those big 12 lesser lights for the other 2 spots.

1 Like

The PAC12 is getting paid right now. When their TV deal expires this will be a different story. Until then no one knows what will happen. This is why the AAC should not sign any deal. No matter what the money will be there. espn is trying to “force” our hand. This is nothing new.

2 Likes

The big east did exactly that.

Iowa State is too far east

The PAC may crumble before the B12. Football and basketball have been well
below even AAC standards, other then the huge payout they get, not much there.
West coast time games are atrocious and travel is a bear. I would stay with Boog
Coog and take ACC.

1 Like

I don’t think the PAC is going to be down much longer. Of course they need USC to start getting good again.

The B12 was almost in the same situation when UT was down for a while but luckily OU was keeping the conference from being a total disaster. Even the AAC was doing better than the B12 competitively.

For awhile they thought the B1G was the worst conference then Ohio State revived it. Even the SEC post season play in 2014 or 15 was awful so I see this as a temporary setback for the PAC.

I’m all in for joining the PAC.

3 Likes

Ya’ll crazy. PAC ain’t going anywhere. Yes schools want to be financially responsible, but they are not going to disolve their conference because they are getting 10-20 mill per year less than some other conference in media rights. Stanford has a 28 billion dollar endowment. You think they can’t ‘suffer’ through 35 million a year in media rights?

4 Likes

Football on the west coast is dying. The number of kids playing is dropping. I suspect the administrations in the Pac are getting very uncomfortable with the CTE issue.

2 Likes

I would be more worried about the San Andreas fault !!

1 Like

I just can’t see that happening. The PAC, Big 10, and SEC are the most historic, tradition-rich conferences in college football. On top of that, it’s a geographic conference, not as much as it was when it was the PAC 8 but even so all teams are in the Pacific Standard or Mountain Time Zone. It’s not as if those West Coast teams are going to be good fits for any other league.

My guess is they’ll start coming back. I remember people were saying the Big 10 had slow players and was seriously sliding several years ago. Oregon appears to be on the rise, I think Chip Kelly will do big things at UCLA, Washington and Washington State are consistently 9-10 win teams with excellent coaches, and USC won’t stay down forever. They did win the Rose Bowl just a couple of years ago.

I could see the PAC 12 inviting UH and Tech and very possibly a couple of others from among Kansas, TCU (my understanding is that the conference isn’t as much opposed to denomination-affiliated schools as they are to a lack of academic freedom), OK State, and maybe UNM, depending on which schools are available, but I don’t think that will happen until the Big 12 situation (i. e., will Oklahoma and then likely Texas leave?) gets resolved in a few years. But UH, Tech, and one of the Metroplex privates would add some 15 million viewers to the league, which would be about a 25% increase in population and would put them on par with the Big 10 and SEC. Any two of OSU, Kansas, or NM would be roughly an additional 50% increase in viewership on top of the two Texas metros.

2 Likes