Pam Kehoe Named Associate AD for Marketing & Fan Engagement

Interesting choice and I like the Houston connections. The previous ADs tended to bring in people that were from out of state. Hopefully, we see a huge improvement in marketing.

“We are excited to welcome Pam to the Houston Athletics family,” Pezman said. “She has considerable experience in the Houston market and throughout the years has developed extensive contacts and relationships in the market that will help our department continue to elevate our brand and expand our reach.”

Kehoe joins the Houston department after two years as director of marketing for Greensheet Media where, as a member of the organization’s leadership team, she developed strategic marketing and communications activations for the multi-media company that produces 19 weekly editions in Texas and TheGreenSheet.com.

Prior to her time with Greensheet Media, Kehoe spent two years as director of consumer marketing for the Houston Chronicle where she was tasked with the development of a consumer marketing team to increase product engagement and usage while maintaining robust circulation numbers.

From 2001 to 2012, Kehoe served as CBS Radio Houston’s group marketing director where she led all marketing, promotions and PR strategy development and execution for six stations in the Houston market. Kehoe managed the organization’s partnership with the Houston Texans during that time while overseeing a team of 45 staff members.

Kehoe also spent one year as marketing director and brand manager for Cox Radio Houston and 14 years as director of marketing and promotions for NewsRadio 740 KTRH prior to joining CBS Radio Houston.

A board member for the American Advertising Federation Houston, Kehoe earned a bachelor of business administration in marketing from Stephen F. Austin University in 1985. She will officially start her role May 7.

1 Like

I hope this doesn’t mean she’s going to turn www.uhcougars.com into a slide show.

FYI, if a company was interested in advertising with UH sports, would they contact Pam or is that someone else?

I believe IMG is who a company would have to go through:

http://www.uhcougars.com/sponsorship/

Thank you, sir.

1 Like

Zero experience in athletics marketing. Meh.

Does this count as athletics marketing?

2 Likes

Just not true…I worked with Pam for a decade at CBS. She was very involved with sports marketing. She basically ran the CBS/Texans marketing partnership. She’s a good person and overqualified for the gig. We are fortunate that she was interested.

11 Likes

It sounds to me like Pez is getting things shipshape and catching UH up with the times. This lady sounds like a very good hire to me. I think Pez was a great hire and I certainly trust his judgement in this area. So, welcome aboard Pam.

5 Likes

Fair enough. But I should have been clearer. Zero collegiate athletics marketing experience. Marketing UH in this area is a hell of a different proposition than the Texans. I hope she’s able to successfully translate her local contacts into new partnerships.

Welcome to Coog Nation Pam!

This is a great hire. For the longest time we have not been competent enough to “gain” from our own local market. She brings a “local flavor” that can only be beneficial at all levels. Marketing is crucial if we want to get back to a P5. Good and great marketing brings paying customers to our side. These are hires that are hugely important to me.

Maybe we should be trying to promote UH the way the Texans do, rather than like a high school booster club. They suck and people still pack the place and buy stuff.

1 Like

Since she is from this market and has worked at the Chronicle and sports radio, then she should be aware of the challenges in this market. Pez must have liked what he heard.

1 Like