Pasadena/Deer Park Tornado

I’m just now watching video of my hometown, Pasadena. I’ve never seen a tornado do this kind of damage in Houston. I hope everyone here and in Pasadena/DP are OK.

I saw this clip of a nursing home in Deer Park. About 12 years ago my grandma spent a couple months rehabbing there after brain surgery. She was in one of these rooms right here that were completely destroyed. I can only hope everyone’s ok there.

(EDIT: I saw in an article from the NY Times of all places, that the 59 residents of the nursing home were uninjured but are being relocated.)

2 Likes

Prayers go out to all families and friends of Pasadena/Deer Park/Baytown and surrounding areas.

Thankfully there were no deaths!

2 Likes

Brian Pool’s office lost the shingles off the roof.

1 Like

Prayers to everyone involved. It went about a mile from my old office.

1 Like

Today’s tornado was one of the strongest and longest in the last 30 years in our area, but doesn’t look to be nearly as strong as the 1992 Channelview tornado, the only F4 tornado in Houston history.

1992 was way worse with multiple tornadoes

1 Like

Was at Harbor Freight cashier talk about it today He’s like you don’t know I been so busy putting in new plumbing to my jacuzzi tub., last few days, was totally unaware. Thankfully no loss of life.