Patsy Clark - Megaphone Story

WOW you really just started that Facebook page.

Also on a side note I am searching for a 95-96 basketball schedule poster, it has an old west theme, one of my other buddies designed it and is looking for a copy, so if anybody has one or knows of one let me know.

1 Like

In my defense, I swore I’d started one before, but I guess not. LoL

Yeah, I got on there and it said 0 likes 0 followers and the pictures were like updated 3 minutes ago.LOL I believe I was your first like.

4 Likes

you win a prize for that! lol

Hang on to those items if you don’t want them someday, UH may be interested in them.

1 Like

These have found their “forever home”
especially with the story.
Once I get up in age, I’ll drop everything off at the door step of UH, and let them sort it out lol.

2 Likes

Beautiful story of human connection. Thanks for sharing.

@ckkubos

What a cool idea for the Band Hall.

3 Likes

Why there’s not a museum on campus is beyond me

5 Likes

There use to be.
I had talks with some people about it
.but they want to wait until the new football building is done.

Used to be a nice setup in the Athletic Alumni building. Sun was starting to effect some of the exhibits have not been by there in awhile so I assume they have moved everything to storage.

2 Likes

The rumor was that they put it all in storage, but I heard from a reliable source at the school, that most the stuff got thrown away.

Wow if true that is a travesty.

2 Likes

If that true anybody still associated with the University should be hunted down and whopped upside the head.

3 Likes

I even offered to take the stuff on loan until a new location could be opened.

Some people are not sentimental and assume they can just hire someone to build a new collection that won’t be sun damaged.

1 Like

One of the biggest things we collect right now is posters and schedule posters and SO many of those have been thrown out over the years, if you have ANY posters from the 70’s or 80’s they are worth something. Guys like Jason and I search every internet auction sites, antique malls, and garage sale within a 100 mile radius looking for that stuff and will fight each other when we see it.

This is the newest add to my collection not vintage but very rare. Came off the baseball scoreboard, Jason has the other one and the scroll Cougars that went between.

7 Likes

Seriously?

1 Like

Guess if they’re throwing away “old stuff” then there should be quite a few “old stuff” humans out there that ought to go with it. The infamous “placed in storage” story has been used ad nauseum–and that’s exactly why we don’t have some form of museum for our past. If so, then why do we keep beating our chest about PSJ and the players from all teams that go pro?

2 Likes

FWIW, before throwing out memorabilia, sell it on EBay with a heads up to the fan base.

2 Likes

Better yet, let it go to a better use and it’ll be seen by others.
The History of the Pride works hard to do this.
Same with the megaphone and other items I got from Mrs Kelly (Clark). Her stuff will now get to be seen by many.

3 Likes