Pearland going to the Little League World Series!

Go Big P!!!

10 Likes

I am so proud of my hometown boys!!!

11 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

We have a baseball forum

2 Likes

Knock it off Francis.

3 Likes

Go get 'em boys, best of luck in Cooperstown

1 Like

It’s in Williamsport, Pennsylvania Bulto.

2 Likes

I think he means Pearland is a team filled with future HOF’ers.

1 Like

If you’re going to quote a classic movie, then the first rule of said quote is to get it right.

It’s “Lighten up, Francis,” numb nuts.

1 Like

Pearland has to have one of the most consistently great little leagues in the country, I remember my all star team getting smacked around every year by both Pearland squads. Their league was so big they could fill up two Allstar Teams, and they both would end up playing each other in the finals of our regions Allstar bracket lol

1 Like

San Antonio McCallister was really good for about 10 of the last 15 years….( for awhile they would double up and do little league and select)the better kids have just stopped playing little league all together.

45’ mound and 60 bases are fine for 10 and 11 year olds…. But 12 and 13 depending on birthday is pretty ridiculous……not too mention the 200-220 ft walls……kids can mis hit a ball and pop it over….

Move those 12-13’s back to 50-54 ft mound and 90 ft bases and it’s a game…

1 Like

Poetic license ? ? ? ? ?

I didn’t want to get crossways with copyright laws :rofl:

Yep, brain fart , that’s embarrassing :grinning: for a baseball junkie

1 Like

Yep…both East and West All Star teams always good. This year they combined both.

1 Like

It really is ridiculous that 12-13 yr olds are playing at same distance as 9U.

1 Like

Are they Oilers? Their uniforms are the same color.

I posted a reference in the Baseball forum and man… that place is depressing!

I forget the Pearland High School team name, possibly the Oilers but they do wear maroon. I guess it is common to keep HS colors for LL All Stars.

in West Columbia High School, the Roughnecks wear “maroon and white with all our might” and used to play Pearland High regularly. They are likely too big to play WC anymore.

Our LL colors were black and white back when I played in WC. May still be, dunno

I may start watching them again

They have always used maroon and white with black for their uniforms, even before twin 1 played All Stars for PLL. I guess they just used it and it stuck. They have had sharp uniforms over the years. The league has gotten so big, they now have All Stars East and West

2 Likes