Pearland Little League

Yes. The problem isn’t a lack of local interest; it’s a lack of engaging with the locals.

3 Likes

If your CTW and make contact with a local and they waffle or wants to visit UT, etc. and you have someone else from afar in your eyes just as good or better and wants to come instantly - who do you sign?

I’m not sure that hypothetical is worth answering, because the first contingency hasn’t been happening with any consistency. Beyond that, if you have someone “as good or better,” then that should mean that our program’s personnel and performance reflects that, which is also not happening.

The point is that our recruiting grounds are not being utilized. It seems like you’re arguing that it’s not even worth trying, which is exactly how TW has approached it. That’s not true in baseball, football, basketball, or any other sport, and the results show it.

3 Likes

Hard for them to waffle if you never make contact. Let’s hope that is in the past going forward.

3 Likes

If TW can’t recruit any better than he has lately then he should have been gone, no excuses…… why was the new fancy baseball building even built?

This program has been run into the ground and until a big change is made nothing is going to get better……and if some says “ we’ll they had a better record this year”, please show yourself out because you don’t know sh:( about baseball.

At this point it is what it is……and I absolutely hate that phrase because it’s a losers mentality but it fits.

5 Likes

Just guessing but I truly believe we have a new coach before Big 12 play and Whitting leaves, retires or gets reassigned. Hope I’m right lol

3 Likes

I hope your a good guesser Butch :+1:

2 Likes

I guess I started a thread here anyways.

Shocking that it turned to a “philosophy of recruiting” thread. :joy:

Mattress Mac has the little leaguers at the Astros game tonight.

In fairness, it would not have but his opening sentence said “recruitable potential “ in regards to the team.

1 Like

Sorry it was not intended to be a troll.

I wish for a return to great baseball at UH as much as anybody.

Besides, it seems like the Astros thread has been on top way too long

1 Like

I have no confidence in a wholesale turnaround for this program. Middlin’ improvement maybe. Fake stat banners like, “first team in five years to have a ____ ratio of____ to ____” probably. But a return to national relevance…not a chance.

You’re gonna need some wild-eyed Barnum and Bailey type just to dig this operation out of obscurity. Like a Tom Herman of baseball.
Yea, I said it.

Otherwise it’s 5-7 years of hard slog in the b12 building a winner again under a confident young gun who probably isn’t even on our radar.

1 Like

I wish you were wrong….:confused:

1 Like

I’m not a UH baseball historian. I’m not even a baseball expert or aficionado. I’m just a fan who gets a feeling about the trajectory of the program. And its just meh.

1 Like

…but you just haven’t heard about the OF commit from Eastern Idaho Presbyterian JC, buddy. Things lookin’ up.

2 Likes

Pearland and Southeast play tonight……winner plays Hawaii in US Championship……

Don’t think anyone is beating the Hawaii……including the international champion whoever that winds up being.

1 Like

I agree. Hawaii looks strong.

Don’t sleep on those Houston travel league players!