Big 12 / Pac 12 / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 1)

Great analysis. Most of us kinda know most fans are priced out, but you did a good job clarifying it.

For the most part I agree, with ONE exception.

I never thought of South Carolina as being a particularly tough school to get into.

Their average SAT score of 1254 and percentage of applicants admitted at 63% is not particularly elite.

Much less so than the other schools you mentioned.

Don’t forget the “catacomb alumni” , they’re huge in Italy.

2 Likes

When did Oregon and Washington become so pious as to think blessing the B12 with their presence deserves a bigger share of B12 revenue. ESPN saw the PAC worth as $22 milliion and B12 around $55 million. They are stuck in a dying conference and want B12 to lay down for them?

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/jjfuller72/status/1551699700537073664

Lol

He’s a pathological liar. Wrestling is fake and fun. The movies are fake and fun. Blow up dolls, tv dinners, holograms, Oculus…all fake and fun.

MHver just lies to you without the entertainment. He’s a dbag.

2 Likes

Say what you want about MHver, he did get THIS right.

https://twitter.com/MHver3/status/1516166017319411713

Maybe even a blind squirrel will catch a few nuts.

2 Likes

USC to BiG was being discussed in the webs soon after Texas and OU announced their departure for the SEC. This was prevalent on the BIG boards. That’s where MHver got that info, from boards.

Heck , UH1927 called the USC move months ago.

1 Like

Except most people here were calling for a) an even BIGGER raid than that, AND b) saying that WE should move to the PAC under the theory that the PAC was more “stable.”

As we’ve now learned, the OPPOSITE was true.

1 Like

Like I said in an earlier post, all this guy does is post every single scenario and if one of them ends up true, he pins the tweet.

He’s not reliable or credible. He wasn’t the only person that predicted USC/UCLA going to the B1G

1 Like

Here Is What The PAC 12 Has To Do To Save The Conference From Extinction! - YouTube

Bro you just cross thread streams. Impressive and dangerous.

dont-cross-the-streams-egon

2 Likes

The $24.2 is all conference income.

The $24.5 is TV only.

Hate to say it, but I think Mandel is not the wrong one here.

I don’t think those guys really know what they’re talking about but they’re entertaining and they love us so I hope they get a million listeners

1 Like

Pretty much my take too. Just something fun to listen to.

Funny you mentioned that. I thought the same thing, but apparently they have really upped their game in the last few years.

My son is looking at the schools in the area, and he said as of now, UF is basically Harvard and UGA is like Cornell. Clemson has now become the school that GA kids who cannot get into Ga Tech (because it is now equivalent to MIT) go. So its numbers have increased. Same with FSU. You pretty much need a 3.9 GPA and a 1400 SAT to get in, unless you are a legacy or have some sort of “special skill” (i.e., athlete or music).

Plain old smart GA kids who take challenging coursework are SOL. At least FL kids still have good options in USF, UCF and FAMU. I guess GA kids can go to Bama, Auburn, Tennessee or the Mississippi schools, but who wants to go there? LSU is an option as well, but then you have to live in Baton Rouge.

Before anyone asks, yes he is considering UH. He is also looking at BIG schools, which, ironically, are easier to get into than many of the SEC schools now.

Is this a daily show…weekly?

Do you have a link to their live stream?

1 Like

The national show is on weekdays.
The live stream appears in real time. 3pm ctl
All the segments are made individual videos.

The father- David Smoak aka Smoaky was a main TV/Radio guy for at least 20 years in East Texas. Longview/Tyler/Lufkin and then Dallas. Worked at ESPN Dallas for awhile.
Is in the Pro Football Writers Association and the College Football Writers Association of America.

The son must be the Baylor connection. Smoaky went to Stephen F Austin.

2 Likes

I know they are ‘Baylor’ but they are refreshing to listen to. Seems like they talk more about the Big 12 and UH, or things that affect UH, than our local sports stations.

3 Likes