Pez: “Here we go”

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/brian-t-smith/article/Smith-UH-the-hottest-thing-going-in-city-s-16629802.php

This week, the Coogs are in the same dual-ranked basketball/football world as Alabama, Oregon, Ohio State, Michigan, Baylor and Arkansas. “You sell it for a long time, and you kind of fake it ’til you make it. But when you make it, you’re like, ‘Here we go. Let’s go,’” Pezman said. “This process started a long time ago. This has been over a decade in the making.”

21 Likes

This is our second golden age. This one I think is going to stick. The last missing ingredient is football attendance and I think that will get fixed.

19 Likes

LFG COOGS!!!

6 Likes

OK Pez …Time for Cougar Fans to Ride or Die ! There I said it !
Go Coogs !

3 Likes

10 Likes

Oh how sweet it is fellow Coogs ! Enjoy the ride !
Go Coogs !

1 Like

To quote “Hello Dolly,” it’s so nice to have you back where you belong.

4 Likes

With the Rockets and Texans at an all time low it shouldn’t be surprising.
We have proved over and over through the years we get support when we are winning and playing big time games

6 Likes

Sounds good! Let’s start on that Friday night. I don’t expect a sellout but I believe each game this year has exceeded the previous game in attendance (ECU game excepted. But I think initial attendance was good from what I heard and saw). Let’s keep the trend rolling in that direction.

2 Likes

These types of articles are what have been missing through the years. The average reader will read this and think about attending some games. It’s incredible major free advertising. And, with pro football and basketball currently sucking in the city, I gotta believe general sports fans want to pull for a winner in person.

4 Likes

Perfect timing for Coog athletics to find success. That mess at Kirby won’t resolve itself for years. Rockets will come around after some seasoning of the new younger players.

Rockets kind of needed another tank year anyway to get a too draft pick. But by year 3 they should be a playoff bubble team.

And no head coach getting poached. That’s HUGE!

6 Likes