Player Improvement Under Sampson

There is no slow or fast method. We have a great training staff and they will all come back and resume activities as should.

1 Like

Like I said, the MD said 5 months. 5 months it will be.

The training staff will ALWAYS advocate for the player

1 Like

If those guys are delayed in getting back on the court and working on their (and CKS’s) game, a lot of attention will be focused on the “new” guys, getting them ready to make an impact. Looking forward to this coming season. It should be a ton of fun.

1 Like

and who should benefit from all of these injuries? McFarland. I would not be surprised if he is indeed going to contribute and have us in a position we have never been before.
He is going to have to elevate his progression. I think we are all going to be ecstatic by how much he is going to contribute. The game has evolved so much that his body is made for this team and how basketball is changing. CKS never had this type of player/body attributes. Is this the papryka seasoning we have been missing all along?

1 Like

Yeah, I’m interested to see McFarland’s development. Probably won’t get a ton of minutes this year but 10-12 a game seems about right. I think Tugler will eventually be getting pretty solid minutes by the end of the year

If I am the S&C guy, I want McFarland and Lath in the weight room whenever I can get them in there.

Lath in the weight room? Hes huge already.

McFarland yes but Lath really just needs to be locked in the gym and working on basketball fundamentals and skills.

2 Likes

Any S&C guy can tell you you don’t put kids in the weight room just to make them bigger. Sometimes you may want to change their body composition e.g. increase their lean body mass and decrease their fat.

1 Like

This is why I’m excited about Uzan under Sampson. He and his dad stopped fielding phone calls from other schools once we reached out. His dad is a coach and obviously they see something in Sampson’s development that is going to elevate Uzan’s game.

If Shead gets drafted, that makes three guards drafted in the last four years.

That is what you call elite status in guard development.

4 Likes

Documented 3 month return to pre injury bb level was impressive! I shared that because a lot of us think based on injuries that happened along time ago. You are right there allot of variables involved, but the timeline in some cases has shortened!

1 Like

In addition to the advances in the surgery and recovery, TA is younger than all of those guys, and that almost always shortens the recovery time.

I think the biggest part of it will be the mental aspect. How soon does he trust it?

1 Like

“How soon does he trust it?”
Each person is different and it comes in stages. It is harder for people who have never been hurt bad and/or never had surgery. It sounds weird, but he won’t trust it until he does. Then he will. Then he won’t think about it.

Based on the video Jesse posted in another thread, he trusts it enough to practice his jump shot.

1 Like

Actually, the most dangerous time for most athletes coming back from serious injury is when they’re a little ways out from the surgery and it feels pretty good and things look fine. (The reality is the repair hasn’t really fully set in yet). Then people go out and do stupid stuff or overwork it. He will be ok if he strictly follows the protocol laid out by the Physical Therapy and training staff. Athletes aren’t patient but now is the time for patience.

1 Like