Pleasant surprise

Sims was here Levine’s first year. He left after the 2012 season.

1 Like

Amen. I’m just thankful our program has a personality now.

Agree with you!

1 Like

That’s my sense as well. Some of our fans think next year is going rough to be for us, but I don’t see that. I think we’ll pretty clearly have the best offense in the conference, probably one of the best in the country. That alone should mean a winning season. Like you say, if we can field a representative defense. . . I’m guessing we will. I expect these new defensive coaches to be pretty capable, and along with some solid returnees—Turner, Chambers, Godfrey, Anenih, Sprewell, Anderson, etc.—and the incoming transfers such as Taurus Payne, Demarion Williams, Terrance Edgeston, Justin Harris, Jamykal Neal (Coach Early called him “an absolute steal”), Atlias Bell (up to 295), Charles-Pierre, and possibly Jordan Moore, for whom they’re trying to get a waiver, I look for us to be closer to what we were defensively in ‘17 than the end of last year when we were playing 240-pound true freshmen in the defensive line.The overall schedule is tough, but it’s actually pretty favorable in terms of divisional games with Memphis, SMU, and Navy all playing at TDECU. Win those three and beat Cincinnati here, and we should be positioned to win the West. My guess is the Washington State game will determine if we can get to as many as 9-10 wins.

2 Likes

With the addition of the Juco CB I’m feeling a bit better about our big weakness; if Jordan Moore got a waiver I would feel even more confident in our DBs.

1 Like