Post Kelvin Sampson

LSU as a better job is just laughable.

1 Like

Take the Coog glasses off. Where do we rank in the country as a job?

Weve been great for 5 years. But these other programs have a 20 year track record, larger fan base

Iowa St: Greg McDermott, Fred Hoiberg, and TJ Oltzoberger.

Great fan support.

Yeah, Do you not know that we are in the 4th largest city in the country? Multiple NBA legends and tournament success! Did you come on here just to troll. I smell an Alabama fan.

Alabama, Virginia, Iowa St, Ohio St, Georgetown and LSU all are suspect selections imo… Just recruiting base along makes UH a top 30 job

1 Like

Alabama has never been to a final four, either.

We have 6 under our belt. The second winningest program in like the last decade.

Fresh off of a final four and elite eight.

Brand new facilities.

Wild.

8 Likes

Iowa State went to 1 final four. Back in the 40s.

Otzelberger makes $2m a year.

They’re in Iowa.

Such a bad choice.

2 Likes

But I’ll be done.

That list blows. And not even worth discussing the other 10 or so schools that are just bad.

1 Like

Your avatar is dead giveaway.

2 Likes

They have a great fanbase.

Hilton Magic. Under Hoiberg and Oltzberger, they’ve recruited very well.

LSU, Ohio St and Alabama fans don’t really care about basketball. If there winning cool but it doesn’t matter that much.

2 Likes

We have way more history. A better recruiting base. We pay our coach more.

Just bad.

1 Like

I really don’t have a clue how Purdue is a better job, either.

I mean. When looking at jobs. Look at the ceiling of where you are going.

Purdue is solid. They are nothing more than a Sweet 16 special.

Our history alone is better than half of your list. As it is.

And our recent history? Top 5.

1 Like

Purdue has a great fanbase. Its a Big10 job. Indiana is a basketball state

Here was a list Jeff Goodman created in 2018 ranking best jobs. Yes, its a 4yr old list. But take away the coach

And just look at fan support, facilities, etc.

What do you mean, take away the coach?

When Sampson is done, Houston will have two hall of fame coaches. Because of what they achieved at Houston.

That right there makes it top 20. Without even talking about anything else.

2 Likes

Based Joprior23

We’re definitely top 30 but thinking UH is a better job than any of Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA I just don’t think is reality

Most of these programs ive listed have been College Basketball revelant the last 20 years.

Georgetown, has been driven into the ground. So there’s an argument there. And its arena is too big, etc

Alabama, okay i agree. Not alot of recent success

Ohio State, under Thad Matta, a decade ago, was an elite program. They recruit very well still. Develop pros.

How large is our UH basketball fanbase? Give an estimate. Its growing, yes.

1 Like

Agreed. Saying we’re not too 10-15, fine.

Top 30? Just a horrible take.

1 Like

My guy. We were just in the final 4. And we just went to the Elite Eight not even 10 months ago.

When was the last time Iowa State, Tennessee, LSU, Alabama, Georgetown, Memphis, Texas, Maryland, Purdue, etc, etc., etc. done that?

So now you’re just talking fan base. That somehow pushes us out of the top 30.

Just not a great take.

6 Likes

better jobs than UH, no doubt, no arguement: Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, Duke. After that everything is arguable. Right now UH is a top 20 job. If Sampson retired after the season the UH job would be highly sought after

2 Likes