Post Kelvin Sampson

Sampson is 4-2 against the Big 12 before we even join. We were also rumored to have run Texas out of a scrimmage this year.

We are also winning at a 72% clip in the tournament under Sampson and have a record of 34-16 vs team’s currently in power conferences since 2014-15 season.

But sure, we’d be 8-12 in the Big 12 this year. GTFO.

4 Likes

Yeahhh… Calling UH not a top 30 job once Sampson retires/leaves is a bit out of bounds. Especially what Sampson and staff have done for our program in the last 5+ years… And as far as being funded… Going to the Big 12 is going to help quite a bit with more money available.

Also have to remember it don’t matter how good coaches at schools like Alabama and Texas do… They still both are football schools and their conference/future ain’t as good as the Big 12 in basketball.

Good night papi!!!

1 Like

I think you meant to post this in the other thread but I agree the 8-12 comment was absurd. We’ve been crushing P5 competition for years now. This year we notched road wins against #7 UVA and Oregon and a quality neutral site win against #22 SMC. Supposedly we also beat UT by 10 in a scrimmage in San Antonio before the season started. Our game travels. We’d definitely lose games in the Big 12 but there’s no one we couldn’t beat home or away.

Ummm… Shead is the toughest player on this team and the leader… Aaaaannnd the floor general…

Without Shead we probably lose last night when Sasser goes out with 4 fouls and over 8 minutes left.

14 points, 10 assists, 6 boards, 1 steal, 1 TO…

TOUGH!

1 Like

GTFO with the “soup du jour.”

I swear the next guy to win 10 in a row is the guy we need. Nate Oates my #%

1 Like

:sob::sob::sob:

CKS is the GREATEST OF ALL TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!!!

I’m pretty sure that an unwritten unofficial promise behind Kelvin’s long-term contract is that Kellen will be groomed as his successor and be named his coaching heir.

2 Likes

Maybe not the goat but he’s top 60ish all time in wins even with having to serve a bs show clause that likely cost him 150-200 wins. When he retires from UH he’ll be pretty dang close to the top 20. Which when you factor in the missed wins hed probably be T-5.

i think it’s more official. part of Kelvin’s contract is a succession plan that put in place designating Kellen Sampson, as head coach-in-waiting.

2 Likes

If he wins the natty here he is in consideration for the GOATIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME…

Raising a program from the dead and creating new facilities and winning the natty = GOAT.

5 Likes

As for Purdue and Iowa State’s fan followings, what the Hell else is there to do in either West Lafayette, Indiana or Ames, Iowa on a school weekend except go to the local college football and basketball games?

1 Like

Hey I consider him tops among the active guys minus maybe Tony Bennett. So yah if he brings us a natty that’s pretty goated.

1 Like

The understanding is that Kellen is ‘coach in waiting.’ This is well known as has been for some time.

2 Likes

A lot of teams on this list I do not agree with. Now that we are moving into the BIG 12, I think we are the 2nd best job in the conference behind Kansas. We have money, great facilities, good fan support and awesome recruiting base in the best conference in the country.

2 Likes

And history…

1 Like

That was my point.

There’s a “gentlemen’s agreement” between the UH admin and CKS to that effect.

1 Like

Not sure about the facilities and fan base.

Our arena, though nice, is among the smallest in the P5, and all it would take is maybe one bad season to see UH not even filling that small arena up.

This article makes it sound like it was part of Kellen’s last contract…

2 Likes

Actually, sounds like it was Pez that applied that designation to Kellen…

Arena is on small side but very nice as well as the basketball operations center is top shelf. I think we stack up well to P5. Fans can be very fickle… that needs to change for good in Big 12.

2 Likes