Potential Opponent Watch 2019: Temple

“I really didn’t want to leave,” Foley said. He added that new coach Rod Carey had removed him from the field, where he had been special-teams coordinator.

“I was going to be something like a director of player personnel,” he said.

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1150468259231277057?s=20

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1151978205781331968?s=20

“It is definitely a different dynamic and feels so different from last summer, but this what you dream of and what you wish for, to be able to walk about and be noticed as the quarterback,” Russo said after media day Thursday. “Having that eye on my head is something I always worked for, and now that I have it, I don’t want to let anyone take it from me.”

“Russo had a little lower leg, calf deal, muscle, kind of strained it a little more than normal,” Temple coach Rod Carey said Tuesday after the morning practice. "He has to rest right now, and we will see how long that rest is.”

It worked out for Boumehri since he’s kicking for Boston College now. Bowler landed at UNC-Charlotte so those guys found FBS landing spots in the end.

1 Like
1 Like

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1162759245340782592?s=20

1 Like

On Friday, Russo was dressed for practice, but he watched redshirt sophomore Todd Centeio guide the first-team offense, while redshirt freshman Trad Beatty ran the second team.

“He is not ready to go through a full practice yet, which obviously you have to go through a full practice to play, but he is a lot further along than I think anybody thought he would be at this point,” coach Rod Carey said after practice.

1 Like

Might be a good idea at our games. Astros do well with theirs.

Temple Athletics, in partnership with Ascend Fundraising Solutions (FS), is proud to announce the launch of its electronic 50/50 raffle program. The 50/50 raffles will be available starting this fall at all home Temple Football games at Lincoln Financial Field. All proceeds raised go to the Temple University Owl Club, which provides the resources needed to enrich the lives of Temple student-athletes as they strive to achieve excellence in the classroom and at the highest level of competition. The program will also be available at all Temple Men’s & Women’s home basketball games at the Liacouras Center.

“This is an amazing opportunity for us to generate excitement, awareness and significant funds for Temple Athletics,” said Scott Walcoff, Senior Associate Athletic Director of External Operations. “We have a great opportunity for fans to participate in an exciting program while helping to fund the overall mission of our program and our student athletes.”

With @Buffalo, GT, @ECU coming up, Temple looking good to be 5-0 when Memphis comes to Philly on Oct 12.

1 Like

Of Note:
" Dr. Pat Kraft, the AD, seems to get it with hitting a home run on this hire."

" What concerns me is that the school is being held hostage on its already BOT approved plans to build a 35K stadium on campus by no more than 20 neighbors and the BOT doesn’t seem to have the stomach to fight them or Philadelphia city council."

“Temple has gone from a program that didn’t have a winning season from 1991 to 2009 to one that’s been a conference champion in the last two years and bowl-eligible for the last four years”

1 Like

we can probably just name this thread Temple. Potential Opponent can probably be removed. LOL.

Hey, remember that Peach Bowl? That was awesome.

The Owls (4-1) will take on the Tigers (5-0) in a American Athletic Conference game.

“Well, we’re certainly excited about the game,” said Temple head coach Rod Carey. “The No. 1 reason is because it’s the next one. I know that’s coach speak and what have you. But we’re back at home and that’s a wonderful thing for us.

2 Likes