Powell to the portal

there no one out there, but a lot of recruiting is done behind closed doors …

A lot of schools where i’m at up in the Northeast don’t start till after labor day — but he’s definitely gonna be scrambling. Hope they at least have someone on staff that can help him.

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1561456297177907201?t=89E3mOIcKopOam-9YyFSGA&s=19

3 Likes

Opens another scholarship, right? I thought the writing was pretty much on the wall for Kiyron after reading the coaches’ comments on how impressive Francis has been in practice.

5 Likes

Bowser is a beast. Saw a couple of his games last year and did well.

Guessing that this has been in the works for a while. Hopefully the timing has to do with his confirming a landing spot. Wishing KP the best, it appears he has been nothing but a team player from day 1.

2 Likes

Very good point.

The open gym at Shadow Creek High School. We saw:

1.Shead
2.Mark
3.Jwan Roberts
4.Jarace
5.Arcenaux
6.Emmanuel Sharp
7.Ramon Walker
8.Reggie Chaney

Dont think Francis or Sasser were there either.

Kiyron Powell & Mylik Wilson, theyve been pretty quiet on social media. Never really see an Instagram post of either of them working out in GVL. Im sure they were, just curious

Damn! Powell was one of the most articulate and intelligent kids in front of the camera in all UH sports. I used to love to hear him interviewed because he always elevated the school. I hope he goes and tears it up somewhere. Will be watching him. Of all the second tier guys I wanted him to make it the worst.

13 Likes

YMCA pickup game legend Kiyron Powell. Kid is gonna do well somewhere.

Hope everything is alright with Wilson. Coach didn’t mention him the other night.

I think Wilson’s here to stay…he’s probably not going to play a bunch this year but next year I think he could really shine

2 Likes

Powell seems like a fine young man. Best wishes to him.

3 Likes

I would expect him to play a bunch based talent but who knows how practices have gone.

I loved Powell. He struggled to put on the weigh and gain the strength.

He could have been a force especially with his jump shot. I’ll be following him, hope he can go somewhere where he can play and I can see him do his thing.

3 Likes

This is a winning program at the highest level. Nothing is given. It is what it is. Now makes sense why we got a C/PF from the portal.

Wish nothing but the best for him!!

1 Like

If thats the case TA will play alot due to talent :joy:

If that’s the case, then why wouldn’t he have just stayed at Tech, which will probably be a contender as well? I’m sure he came here to contribute this season.

Or next season…do I need to name all the guys that are clearly ahead of him this year…. He’s a project but a good project

1 Like

But why wouldn’t he just stay at Tech this year then? What’s the point of coming here?