Pregame Thread: Houston vs Tulsa, 630p CT on ESPNU

Good news! We only have to wait until November 30 when we play Navy. 9 days.

2 Likes

LOL right you are!

If CDH can get King back to form with Corbin and the WR’s we have coming back, get the transfers to jell and get Tune into four meaningful games then let him RS, he will be an absolute genius and worth every penny.

1 Like

From the article:
“That defense, believe it or not, has improved. Yes, there are flaws to fix, but that comes with time. If you look back to the two previous years, this group’s playing with a lot more discipline, and they refuse to quit. It’s tough to see the strides this group’s made with all of the losing, but they are better than last year. These next two weeks might be rough if there’s a rotation, but it’s all a part of the plan.”

And we aren’t nearly as soft.

1 Like

Is anyone going to the game tomorrow?

1 Like

Had it on my late spring plans as one of our trips until our granddaughter announced her due date. Westin was born yesterday. Future Cougar-Class 2024 National Champs-(sport TBD later)

4 Likes

In several games UH has played well in the first half and then disappeared in the 3rd quarter. Coaching?

1 Like

No, lack of depth.

1 Like

Lack of players. Other teams have been able to substitute and keep fresher players on the field. For an example, last week we started 5 freshmen. I watched Memphis substitute their entire defensive line every 4 or 5 plays. Our line just wore out. No amount of coaching or conditioning can make up for our lack of players.

3 Likes

Yep. Me and the missus.

I did not feel we quit, but in the second half the team just looked tired. Especially the defense. Of course, this was the 4 th game in that 19 day stretch as the injuries piled up.

It has been a tough season and far from what we all hoped. However on the bright side the team has continued to fight and not pack it in. I am optimistic for today. I believe we will give Tulsa all they can handle and more. I am flying my UH flag and looking for a victory. GO COOGS!!

5 Likes

Is my ESPN app on the fritz, or did the Lady Coogs really just beat OU?

Yes they won

2 Likes

Wow. Surprising!

Excellent. I don’t know if the Lady Sooners are any good, but I will take a win over any Big 12 team in any sport.

We’ve gotta come out with a win tonight. We could seriously use a moral victory in a game that otherwise means nothing to either team.

1 Like

How does one read this notation from CBS College Football Scoreboard?

Houston 3-7 o57

Tulsa 3-7 -4.5