Price of gas

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1543263229006254080?t=I0lcvrTAIqwrbhctorS9sA&s=01

Is this misinformation?

3 Likes

Yes

4 Likes

Shouldn’t the government bring down the amount if my taxes and do it now? The Peril!!!

4 Likes

I am assuming Biden understands that these evil gas station owners are for the most part just small businesses.

Brilliant Joe, use your bully pulpit to demonize small businesses. Just freaking brilliant.

3 Likes

They don’t care. Government is the biggest of the four major religions. When you’re on the pulpit don’t think! Just let the spirit of the DC flow through you!
Preach it!!!

3 Likes

Margin for gas station operators is usually less than 10 cents a gallon. My friends gas station margin is 6 cents a gal

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not big oil (if that even exists anymore) that owns them even if their flag is flying outside.

1 Like

Exactly they make their money on the items inside their store.

1 Like

Absolutely. Some even lose money on the gas to get you in the store. All of the money is made inside.

That’s why the majors got out. They decided their core competencies didn’t include selling cokes, beer, cigarettes, snacks, and car washes.

2 Likes

LOTTO!

3 Likes

So, Shell seems to be jumping back in purchasing
stations from Timewise…

While from 2008, Exxon exiting the retail sale of gasoline due to low margins.

Shell is getting into electric vehicle station business. I’m guessing that’s part of that play.

Low margins on fuel, high margins on stuff sold inside. Exxon decided they weren’t interested in the high margin part of the business.

1 Like

Agree. And sweet gold.

2 Likes

Paid 3.97 in West Monroe, LA driving back to Texas. I guess if you have to live in a terrible place like that, at least you have cheaper gas.

2 Likes

My grand parents lived in St Joseph, La. Loved it there as a kid

Interesting back and forth.

Connecticut dropped gasine taxes. Paying about $4.50 here

We all know now that this war against gas has been orchestrated to get us into EV’s. This fantasy land that these university economics live in has proven to be just that…PURE FANTASY.
This is what happens when you put university/so called economics nobel prize winners in charge of our economy.
This is one monstrous failure after another. These same people do not care. They can fork over $60k for an EV.

2 Likes

Who was the mastermind of this? Big Foot?

1 Like

Wow, not even a pause button.