Prime to Colorado

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1598890386281201667?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

1 Like

Sounds like a familiar story. I know I’ve heard it before somewhere :thinking:

6 Likes

Good for Coach Prime. If he turns Colorado around, like I hope he does, well, get out your checkbook.

1 Like

No one has consistently won at Colorado since Barnett really.

We’ll see.

1 Like

Neon Deion “Ain’t SWAC” after all…

7 Likes

Prime hits me like someone who will either do well or fail miserably. There is no in between. Not sure if Colorado is the right place but good for him.

8 Likes

With UCLA/USC leaving the PAC footprint
and with Cal& Stanford in uncertain territory, he might be able to pull California talent

2 Likes

Lol…he goes from the SWAC to one of the biggest “hipster” Universities .

Quite a difference.

Yeah, that’s a head scratcher.

1 Like

I don’t believe it, seems like a bad fit

3 Likes

it happens to every program when a coach leaves. the only difference is some fan bases are bitter about it and others are able to move on…

coaches come and coaches go. unless you’re a top tier program you will have to worry about someone poaching your coach. hell, even Notre Dame found that out this year.

edit - I hope he succeeds there. for no real reason, I’d like to see Colorado’s program turn itself around and be relevant again, I’ve kinda always liked them.

1 Like

The Jackson State fams are PISSED on Twitter rn.

1 Like

Why would we need an electric, energetic go getter ? We got The Dud, King of Mediocrity…he’s going to lead the program to Big 12 Elite status

3 Likes

Damnit, I knew we would miss out! Looks like Colorado will be a future national champion!

2 Likes

I think he’d be a great fit for Cincy but I guess he’s scared of trying to win in the Big12 vs PAC. IDK. Colorado doesn’t seem to fit at all.

1 Like

The ironic thing is that the University of Houston is the best fit for him in thhis stage of his career but we blew it giving CDH and iron clad extension.

The Astros just fired their GM after winning a Worjd Series because his vision wasn’t aligned- at Cullen, Pez gets congratulated and they make excuses for him.

9 Likes

Maybe he’s a skier :skier:.

3 Likes

My guess: He thinks he can make an improvement at Colorado quickly then get that into a position at a school that is not yet ready to take a chance on him. If he can get an improvement at Colorado (not really that hard compared to others), he becomes a hot property within the big name circles.

He will leave Colorado after 2-3 years.

2 Likes

Deion to Colorado could be another Mel Tucker situation. Mel Tucker was at Colorado one year then left to Michigan State. If Deion gets Colorado to a bowl game I can see a bigger program call his name.

4 Likes
1 Like