Prime to Colorado

It was possible.

But Tilman had to be willing to pay Dana $20m to walk away.

Okay all I can say is, wow. He now has the 29th recruiting class in 247 and 19th overall (recruits + transfers).

It looks like Colorado may be a threat in the Pac-12 this season.

1 Like

Heā€™s going to sign a top 10 class next year. At freaking Colorado.

3 Likes

Prime doesnā€™t fit the UH vision. Prime is a great recruiter, and heā€™s in his own lane in that he canā€™t really be compared to anyone else. That being said, we donā€™t know how itā€™s going to fare out yet.

Colorado hired Prime because theyā€™re desperate for athletic relevancy, and they most likely are gunning for that B1G invite. If you think prime is looking to get a statue on campus, youā€™re wrong. Heā€™s out of there should he win 1 or 2 championships. Heā€™ll either be in the Power 2, or heā€™ll be an NFL coach.

UH is looking for continuity. They arenā€™t looking for a coach that will have recruited one great class, have 1 or 2 good seasons, and then bounce to another school along with said recruits.

Correct! Thatā€™s why CDH is here.

2 Likes

By no means am I saying CDH is the answerā€¦ but weā€™ll have to wait and see how things go in the Big 12.

CDH first two years i cut him slack. 2021 was a good year despite the ā€œeasyā€ schedule, and the 2022 season was just a complete WTF season.

1 Like

Prime fits the UH vision considerably more than CDH.

8 Likes

Well apparently the UH vision is mediocre stability over everything I guess.

3 Likes

CDH statue.

4 Likes

Gotta laugh at the people who were saying our class was going to end up as good as Primes.

4 Likes

Primeā€™s kid spend a lot of time in Houston - trust me it would work

That DB problem we have? Wouldā€™ve been solved if we had Prime. Dude only got the number 1 CB in last year AND this years class. Lol! Oh well, Dana is recruiting better than I thought he would. We still need to upgrade our beef on the lines but I think we will get Big 12 competititve relatively soon on skill positions.

4 Likes

Prime has done fine up to this point because he could recruit good talent to a talent-poor conference.

Maybe I shouldnā€™t say, ā€œbecause.ā€ I donā€™t know that that was the only reason he was successful.

What I feel confident about is heā€™s about to step-up big time in professional competition. The coordinators heā€™s going to go up against are steamrollers. They donā€™t care about flash. It will be a test. I wish him well. I actually think his time under Bowden will serve him as well as his head coaching experience. Heā€™s going to have to draw off his experience in that excellent program to see how a big program is run the right way.

Prime has the luxury of not having to hire great recruiters for every position group. Heā€™s the closer. His assistants can coach.

2 Likes

I think it takes more than game day execution. Its how you steer the ship. Saban has a methodical approach to meetings and everyone is in lockstep. I know thatā€™s an extreme example. But running a flagship takes planning and organization. These are the things heā€™ll be tested on.

1 Like

Your list leaves out most of Colorados top transfers

Included only the OL. This is where he will win and lose games.

1 Like

My mistake and very true