Projected Depth Chart

Any idea about all these injuries that was being talked about … and the concussions?

Everyone is expected back that had been injured during summer and camp . Dana said it his first camp with no major injuries .

1 Like

Mutin isn’t a slouch either. He was highly rated out of high school and a lot of folks thought he might compete for the starting spot last season. Looks like he’s had a good summer as he wasn’t a projected starter out of spring.

3 Likes
1 Like

I think I also had Mutin winning a LB spot as well. No doubt about, he’s very talented.

1 Like
1 Like

Backtracked on the post and he was drawing E Rob comparisons? If he wears #44 then book him for All-AAC 1st team.

3 Likes
1 Like

My only experience playing football is as a WR and S. For those of you who know more about offensive line play than I do, how big of a deal is it that Braylon Jones is switching from guard to center? Is that a massive learning curve?

Also, holy cow our offensive line is huge this year! Defenders aren’t even going to be able to see D’Eriq back there.

1 Like

As someone who has to make that transition in HS. It really depends on the offense. At it’s most basic it’s not a huge learning curve, tough but can be learned though repetition because you have the extra step of the snap then into your assignment. That was my experience.

But the challenge rises exponentially if you have the responsibility of recognizing blocking assignments and making those calls. Then you have several steps you have to master even before you get to the physical snapping of the ball transition.

3 Likes

With all these transfers, we can’t have many open 2020 scholarship slots left after 8 verbals.

Anyone know the #?

1 Like

Won’t some of the transfers have counted towards last year’s class?

2 Likes

I think we’ve used up around 5 scholarships on transfers for this class; hard to get an exact number right now as I’m not sure who is exactly on scholarship and who isn’t and the media guide doesn’t have the list of those on scholarship (at least on the quick glance I did).

Last time I had looked, we had at least 2 transfers that were going to be on this class, but that was before Anoma, Jackson and Fox. Might have been before the two OL grad transfers as well, but I’m not sure.

3 Likes
1 Like

Our cornerbacks are going to be tested

1 Like

to be fair, a cornerbacks job is to be tested

3 Likes

I’m still not sold on Jalen Hurts as a passer. We’ll find out Saturday, I meant Sunday :grimacing:

I really feel like our defense last year was a fluke. With the Big Ed controversy, the injuries
and the below par coaching it equalled a really bad D.

3 Likes

This is 100% correct. My fear is that even with a massively upgraded defense, OU’s offense will be so much better than any offense we faced last year with the exception of Texas Tech. There are just so many question marks on defense for me right now. But there are also lots of questions marks about OU’s offensive line. I think the key for us defensively on Sunday is to be super aggressive up front to try to pressure Hurts into making bad or hurried throws. If Edgeston is as explosive as @xsmithcoog116 says, maybe he’ll be able to adequately spy Hurts in the event he wants to take off. I’m looking forward to seeing what Coach Cauthen has up his sleeve with these guys.

3 Likes

Is Bryson Smith out for the season?